Application Support Engineer
Aspira | 150 - Production Website Hosting | Mississauga,
AspiraTM provides connected experiences for the outdoor recreation industry. Our comprehensive suite of reservation and licensing technology and service solutions support federal, state, provincial, and local government park, campground, and conservation agencies, conveniently connecting them with outdoor adventure seekers from around the world. Aspira is headquartered in Dallas, TX with eight offices worldwide. For more information, please visit AspiraConnect.com.
Reporting to the Manager of Application Support, the Application Support Engineer is responsible to provide quality support for a wide variety of products and services. This position will focus on application support but not limited to just ensuring availability and stability of our products but also deliver effective technical solutions to achieve technology and business objectives. Responsibilities include research, diagnose and repair issues. Alternatively, some solutions might be in the form of data and web form changes.
SUMMARY OF PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work well independently and collaboratively with others in delivering thorough results to assigned projects, tasks, production incidents and troubleshooting efforts.
- Partner well with technology teams across functions and regions to achieve desired outcome
- Strong desire to share knowledge, ideas and solutions with immediate team as well as teams across disciplines.
- Acts as a positive member of the team that is capable of engaging in deep technical discussions, accepting different point of view and drive forward to develop agreed upon solutions
- Able to troubleshoot complex problems relating to Linux systems, market data feeds, real-time/historical tick databases, network and applications.
- Strong attention to detail and have strong analytical skills. Anticipates issues and deals with them proactively.
- Promptly and proactively respond to user inquiries and can multi-task and work well under high pressure situations
- Communicate and interact effectively and efficiently with lines of business on issues or outages
- Adheres to operational and technical standards, best practices, processes and procedures (problem/change/release/request/procurement management; incident/service/time reporting)
- Understands the need to be client focused and build strong relationships across the organizations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Academic Level: Bachelors
- Industry Experience: SaaS or Software Development
- 2+ years of application support experience in a LAMP environment
- Any coding or scripting experience is highly desired.
- Strong database syntax experience
- Experience with supporting Point-Of-Sales or Electronic Funds Transfer applications a major plus.
- Must be able to work proactively in a rapidly changing team environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational and documentation skills and be able to interface with
- Must be able to work collaboratively with Developers, Consultants, and Internal Customers.
ASPIRA PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive base salary
- Stellar benefits package with 3 weeks paid vacation (pro-rated)
- Two additional paid days per year to "Get Lost" in an experience and to “Give Back” to the community
- 401K plans for your retirement
- State of the art downtown facility
Aspira is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.