CentralSquare Technologies | Sales & Marketing | REMOTE - US, FL
The role of the Solutions Architect is to provide definition and requirements for a solution that will achieve the goals of the customer as expressed in an RFx or a request for quote for Inform, Perform, Tiburon, Superion and VisionAir product families. This includes interfaces/integrations, 3rd party technology, hardware, network components and other aspects of the technical solution. The Solutions Architect works within the overall framework of the sales organization and proposal team to complete and support the solution.
- Identify and document Interfaces, Hardware, Operating/database software and related technical elements of the solution as part of the RFx deliverable as required
- Conduct effective SDP and SDP Review processes and events in order to triage, define and finalize the solution across the RFx team.
- Develop working relationships with 3rd parties where called for in order to deliver the individual 3rd party solution within the overall solution or as an option in relation to the primary solution.
- Follow-up in an effective and timely manner on individual RFx customer questions related to the submitted proposal.
- Participate in conference calls, Client-On-Site, BAFOs activities leading to completion of a client contract or quote.
- Support Contract Capture process to ensure client technical follow-up, materials and issues are addressed in order to finalize client contract.
- Attend internal and external events as the opportunity presents itself.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the CWI, Proposal Development, Contract Capture and Demo process
- Attend meetings on time and with a positive, productive demeanor and identify a Proxy as needed if unable to attend.
- Open, complete and/or respond to Customer-Write-In requests as required for the specific RFx project or individual non-RFx requests.
- Ensure Solutions Architects Assistance Requests are set to the appropriate status as the request is responded to or processed.
- Open, Close or Complete Solutions-Architects – Interface requests as appropriate based on the RFx requirements or individual request, to include an FDD as needed.
- Identify areas of improvement and escalate or ensure visibility for current and future process or strategy enhancement.
- Ensure PDP processes keeps proposal team on schedule and delivers quality outcomes.
Cross Functional Collaboration and Communication
- Work collaboratively with other teams and functions in order to deliver quality results.
- Keep Proposal Team apprised of any outstanding RFx response issues or challenges.
- Ensure functional respondents know of any assistance the SA requires in responding to a functional component of an interface or technical requirement.
- Coach others toward positive results through the application of experience and expertise.
- Monitor and review appropriate company communications vehicles such as Skype, Yammer, Wiki and others as appropriate.
Learning and Administration
- Stay up-to-date with regard to public safety technology, the general technology underlying Inform products, and CJIS compliance as related to CentralSquare products. Attend functional and/or technical handoffs for CentralSquare products.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Salesforce, ADP, Workplace, Ultipro and RFPIO, MS Office, Visio, Sharepoint, TFS and other tools that are integral to performing the job.
- Respond to email with professional courtesy and provide notice of delay if you are not able to get back to someone in a couple days.
- A blend of industry and technical knowledge, coupled with skills and experience in one or more areas of public safety technology.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively describe underlying architecture and technology required to support CentralSquare’s solutions and the options to integrate those solutions with other technologies.
- Presentations to internal and customer organizations regarding a solution.
- A self-starter that can work proactively minimal amount supervision.
- Works collaboratively with Regional Sales Managers, Client Account Managers, Product Specialists, Proposal Writers, and various product management and engineering groups within the company to help ensure the quality and accuracy of Proposals and to ensure that it presents the overall CentralSquare solution in most concise, competitive, and compelling way possible.
- Acts as a consultant internally and externally in exploring new and emerging trends in the public safety marketplace and ways CentralSquare’s applications can be architected and integrated to respond to those trends.
- In collaboration with other functions, works with third party vendors to develop and/or integrate their software into the company's products.
- Stays current with emerging technologies including 3rd party hosting technologies, PS&J technologies and related.