Senior Account Executive - Western US
Aptean | Sales | Alpharetta, GA
The Strategic Account Executive promotes and sells products, services or solutions directly to new customers. In this role, the Strategic Account Executive primarily focuses on new business, working as an individual contributor in charge of a specific program or team with broad impact. The Strategic Account Executive works on issues where analysis of customer situations requires an in-depth knowledge of industry, business, products or services. Recognized as an accomplished sales professional in all areas, the Strategic Account Executive is responsible for highly complex territories, accounts, products or services.
Frequent travel is required.
Knowledge: As an expert in the field, uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters.
Complexity: Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies. Creates formal networks with key decision makers and can serve as external spokesperson for the organization.
Supervision: Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments. Acts as a bridge between departments or functions.
- Creates and monitors action plans to grow revenue through maximizing new sales opportunities
- Ensures that accurate forecasting, pipeline management and other sales process / infrastructures are established
- Generates a significant sales pipeline using core sales processes to drive revenue in line with quota
- Builds effective long-term relationships / high level of customer delight - with key senior-level decision makers and influencers
- Provides insight to customer’s decision making through industry, business and product knowledge
- Works closely with the account management teams to develop an account plan within assigned large size, long term complex deals or full life cycle management
- Able to clearly articulate the Aptean and product value propositions
- Works on issues where analysis of customer situations requires an in- depth industry / business / product / or services knowledge
- May help develop other colleagues' understanding of the business; may be recognized as an expert in one area
- Pursues deals with high complexity (territory / account, products / services)
Typically requires a minimum of 8-10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 6 years' experience; or equivalent experience. Typical range is 10-13 years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has accomplished level understanding of industry products and services knowledge in more than one area - possesses the ability to connect this knowledge and expertise to business issues, operational strategies, and results
- Customer oriented with proven ability to sell value through a Consultative Selling approach
- Demonstrated ability to understand sales barriers and overcome hurdles to close business
- Experience working with the software industry, specifically handling significantly sized accounts
- Experience working with software products, services, competencies, solutions, and offerings
- Experience working with a standard sales methodology and supporting tools and applications
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and prospective clients
- Must be motivated, goal oriented with the proven ability to work with minimal direction and maintain a high level of collaboration across geographically diverse teams
- Strong communication skills to listen to the client and articulate back for solutioning
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- A proven track record of exceeding sales quotas