Advanced | Services - Clinical | Ashford, England
Clinical Safety Advisor Carenotes / Docman
We are Advanced
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will help get you where you want to go. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast paced journey of discovery, however big that might be.
We are one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that makes us different from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
The Team and Role
We are looking for a clinical lead or domain expert to join our clinical safety team. This is a full time role but part time and job sharing work to maintain your professional registration would be actively encouraged. It would suit a nurse or other medical professional looking to expand their career or to develop a portfolio career. It may also suit a currently employee at Advanced with a background in healthcare and or the Carenotes and Docman products
You will be working closely with the product management team in order to help develop our community, mental health and document management products. You will be supporting the Medical Director in ensuring the software is clinically safe. You will work closely with product managers and developers in the design and testing of new functionality. You will have the ability to offer sales support at product demonstrations and customer meetings. You will also be helping customers to computerise clinical work flows and protocols into our products. You will also be expected to:-
- To investigate and assist with the design of clinical products for the Advanced Health & Care range of applications focusing mainly on our community and mental healthcare products.
- To write Clinical Safety Cases in line with DCB 0129 specifications.
- To keep company aware of any legislative changes that may impact on the software and to ensure we remain compliant. This may include the NHS Digital Data Coordination Board or any other relevant bodies.
- To undertake testing and oversee the design of clinical decision support features, for example, Electronic Prescribing and medication administration.
- To assist in the development of functionality relating to clinical coding for example utilising SNOMED CT.
- To be the lead in expertise for testing product features which integrate with the NHS Spine, including producing test evidence essential for sign off for new releases.
- To liaise with all Docman product and engineering teams in the Castleford offices, to ensure that releases are clinically safe.
- To help project manage the roll out of clinical products from beta testing to full roll out approval. Liaise with all internal departments to follow the product development lifecycle.
- To present at tender meetings / pre sales demonstrations / conferences.
- Where required provide specialist training to users in the clinical modules of Advanced Health & Care products and third party products where applicable and help create training courses.
- To investigate and provide written reports in relation to untoward incidents that might occur.
- To monitor and report on activities, costs and performance as required.
We are looking for a qualified health professional with expertise in Community and / or mental health or a domain expert
- Current registration with appropriate professional registration body (NMC, HCPC etc.) is very desirable but not essential
- Recent clinical work in either the NHS or private service ideally in a community or mental healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of clinical safety assessments would be an advantage
- Knowledge of clinical coding systems such as SNOMED CT would be desirable
- Ability to prioritise and organise a demanding workload.
- Produce accurate work to tight deadlines.
- Good presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Good time management skills.
Join the A Team
Some of our Key Benefits are:
- Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- 25 days holiday with option to purchase up to 5 additional days per annum
- Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team
- Staff bonus scheme
- Be part of an organisation that has recently been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest growing tech companies
- Working in an organisation that encourages 360 feedback at all levels
- Free parking at offices