Product Owner - Education
Advanced | Development | Birmingham, England
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole industry and delivering right, first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to users’ lives. With more than 16,000 customers relying on our systems & infrastructure, our Product Owners’ help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
Our Development team play a vital role in driving our feature development and product innovation. Working across our various software products, our teams gain unique exposure within a challenging environment, are given full autonomy, working on the latest technologies.
The Product Owner represents the voice of the customer throughout the development process in reviews and scrum meetings and is critical to completing a project successfully. This role acts as the point of authority for product design decisions and is responsible for the quality of the business solution and its applicability to the user community in the targeted market sector. The Product Owner is also responsible for ensuring that software is developed and delivered in a timely manner for release to market.
We are looking for a Product Owner to manage parts of the design and delivery of our ProMonitor product operating within the Eduction Market.
What you will be doing
- Customer liaison as necessary to help define or clarify needs - Attend customer briefings and presentations
- Working with Product Management/Engineering to:
- Validate early software builds
- Release management – how we break down the overall release into component parts and work with the differing teams to deliver these ( AHA/Jira)
- Product delivery to market – working with Product Management on so to market activities (e.g. release documentation/ sales kit assistance/ internal launches/ customer launch presentations)
- Responding to emerging roadmap and market requirements and identifying logical solutions to meet those needs
- Act as the “product expert” both internally and externally
- Working closely with business analysts to create, manage and maintain a backlog in JIRA, including user stories and acceptance criteria
- Managing the release of new product features, working closely with agile development teams to ensure timely release to high levels of quality
- Production of product specifications, release notes, product literature and collateral
- Work with agile development teams to produce proof of concept solutions where required
What you will be good at
- Product Owner / Business Analyst experience or experience with ProMonitor
- Experience of using agile methodologies
- An ability to influence others regardless of position/seniority
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong customer facing skills with the ability to represent the company in a confident and professional manner
What we would like you to have
- Communicate your own ideas effectively and assimilates those of colleagues and customers
- An appropriate degree and/or scrum certifications
- Work collaboratively with developers to achieve team delivery objectives
- Manage and prioritise workload including the ability to work to targets and tight timescales
- Deliver high quality documentation
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Further Education sector
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £250m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!