Senior Digital Strategy Analyst
EAB | Enrollment Services | Richmond, VA
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,400 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Senior Marketing Strategy Analyst
The Senior Marketing Strategy Analyst discovers, analyzes, and communicates optimal marketing strategies that accelerate results for all clients. The analyst’s deep knowledge of Enrollment Services direct marketing campaigns, identification of program successes and opportunities, and discovery of recruitment trends by analyzing results across all our higher education partners ensure that best practice marketing strategies are applied to every campaign. The Senior Marketing Strategy Analyst is central to the Direct Marketing Analytics team mission to turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions.
This role is based in Richmond, VA.
Marketing Analysis and Strategy:
- Lead cross-client marketing analyses and campaign optimization recommendations in support of Marketing leadership and Account Services teams
- Analyze the ongoing performance of Enrollment Services campaigns - including changes in partner outcomes, as well as the impact of these campaigns on targeted segments of the high school population
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and reporting for learning agenda and other marketing initiatives as needed
- Communicate findings through case studies and other presentations.
Data Mining and Visualization:
- Discover, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis and research
- Lead research, trend discovery, and other data mining projects that drive deeper understanding of the higher-education recruitment space, as well as EAB’s ability to influence the decisions of student segments
- Create new data visualizations to help the organization understand the analytic results.
Other Analytical Support:
- Design and promote improvements to reporting and data capabilities that will enhance corporate visibility into program performance and systematic identification of opportunities that improve client outcomes
- Develop a thorough understanding of higher-education enrollment funnel and how direct marketing contributes to the success of our clients’ recruitment efforts.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, marketing, or quantitative field required
- 3+ years experience using data analysis to generate insightful findings required
- Exceptional analytic skills with a focus on converting analysis into strategy
- Flexibility and attitude to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging work environment with multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to articulate findings and strategies clearly and effectively
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to collaborate with diverse functional areas to successfully complete projects
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently, and a desire to own projects from inception to presentation
- Proficiency in standard business applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Master’s degree in Business, Business Administration, Science, or other quantitative field a strong plus
- 3+ years experience in direct marketing, higher education, or fundraising (preferred)
- Proficiency using SQL or other query tools/languages to perform data manipulation, with a working knowledge of databases
- Proficiency developing reports for internal and client audiences that utilize effective visualization techniques and highlight compelling insights
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.