EAB | Enrollment Services | Richmond, VA
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,500+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
We’re looking for talented, passionate web designers to join our growing team! We create strategic, conversion-centered landing pages and web experiences for universities looking to recruit potential students and engage with alumni. We work hard and have fun doing it, geeking out about mobile-first, responsive design and accessibility. If you’re a strong designer with some chops in HTML and CSS and a desire to learn and grow, you’ll fit in great. If you have a background in marketing and exceptional time-management skills, even better!
This role is based in Richmond, VA.
- Create designs and visual assets for landing pages and other web experiences using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Collaborate with print designers and copywriters to create cohesive and impactful creative for our campaigns
- Build responsive webpages using HTML and CSS/Sass, following best practices to ensure optimal performance and cross-browser and device compatibility
- Work within our content management system (CMS) to format content and configure functionality
- Manage projects to ensure timely completion and exceptional quality
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, web design, communication design or related field with 2 years' experience in web design or a related discipline such as UI/UX design OR 4-6 years’ equivalent experience, education and/or training
- Experience hand-coding responsive websites with HTML and CSS
- Solid proficiency with design software, specifically Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Portfolio of representative work
- Experience designing for marketing campaigns
- Experience with Sass (or other CSS pre-processors)
- Experience with accessibility standards
- Experience with user testing
- Experience with Wordpress or another CMS
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proactive problem solver and quick thinker
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.