Senior Financial Analyst
Mediaocean | Accounting/Finance | Chicago, IL
The Senior Financial Analyst works closely with Finance management and other key leadership in the organization. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for performing analysis that is used to develop strategy, monitor our businesses and drive operational decisions. This includes, but is not limited to variance analysis, cost-benefit analysis, financial modeling.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for development and maintenance of models, budget, monthly forecast, key business metrics and review of actual results versus multiple targets or analysis of revenue.
- Further develop analytical framework and process for reviewing key business metrics.
- Develop reports and analysis tools and dashboards to enhance quality of information provided to business users.
- Increase productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements.
- Perform creative, high quality analyses on financial and operational information to ensure its accuracy, identify potential issues, and help drive change that add value to the business.
- Analyze large data sets to produce actionable information and recommendations.
- Develop proactive understanding of changes in business environment, levers and their financial/operational ramifications; rapidly understand business issues and determine root causes for differences to targets.
- Review expense accounts and to assist with month end accruals and prepayment journals.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Experience in Finance or Business, including experience in operating environment
- 3-8 years of FP&A experience.
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong experience in building models in MS Excel
- Track record of strong quantitative skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Technical accounting experience/exposure preferred