Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Mediaocean | Accounting/Finance | Chicago, IL
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Manager will partner with key stakeholders to provide decision-making support, reporting, and driver-based financial analysis and forecasting. The FP&A Manager plays a key role on the team to create consistent, standardized planning and forecasting across the company. Responsibilities include leading the annual budgeting process by working directly with the functional team leaders, financial model development, financial analyses, maintenance of financial models and systems, and working on special projects to support the various business units to support their financial analysis.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for development and maintenance of models, budget, monthly forecast, key business metrics and review of actual results versus multiple targets or analysis of revenue.
- Further develop analytical framework and process for reviewing key business metrics.
- Develop reports and analysis tools and dashboards to enhance quality of information provided to business users.
- Partner effectively with Sales and Operational leadership to develop and improve the accuracy of driver-based financial plans and forecasts, identify risks and opportunities, and communicate performance against those business plans and budgets in a timely manner
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders in functions and teams across the business
- Perform financial analysis to interpret trends, variances from plan/forecast
- Requires recurring report production and variance analysis as well as ad-hoc analysis as needed to address evolving changes with the business.
- BA/BS in Accounting , Finance or related field
- 6+ years of experience in financial management and accounting
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, such as GAAP and accrual-based accounting
- Superior strategic thinking and financial analysis skills, well-developed problem solving skills and strong attention to details required
- Software industry experience.
- Must have strong spreadsheet (MS Excel) and database skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to interact and comfortably work with the senior leadership team.