Network Engineer Sr.
Omnitracs | IT Infrastructure | Dallas, TX
Network Engineer Sr.
Las Vegas, NV
Full Time Perm
This role provides expert level design and sustaining engineering for the Omnitracs enterprise hosting network infrastructure including but not limited to planning and leading network engineering activities, reviews, planning, scheduling, and developing hosting network services lifecycles within switch/route, network virtualization, network layer security, load balancing, wireless, VoIP and application delivery services across multiple, geographically diverse sites and cloud ecosystems.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Execute Tier-3 problem management for network infrastructure
- Accountable for hosting network project schedules and execution
- Plan and execute hosting network services engineering lifecycle activities and reviews
- Validate hosting network infrastructure is optimized for performance and cost
- Develop/validate Tier-3 engineering procedures
- Develop automation and orchestration technologies and workflows
- Plan POC and testing of new technologies and socialize roadmaps with stakeholders
- Validate security controls policy compliance of network infrastructure
- EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science
- CERTIFICATIONS: (Optional) Professional level certifications
- CCNP Routing & Switching, CCNP Security
- EXPERIENCE:10-15 years of equivalent experience
- IEEE 802.3 protocols
- Logical switching fabrics
- IPv4 and IPv6 protocols
- Dynamic routing via OSPF and BGP
- Network virtualization technologies- NSX, OVS
- Load balancing and application delivery services
- Hosting level network layer security, stateful inspection technologies, WAF
- Scripting language knowledge- YAML, shell, python, visual basic
- WAN technologies – MPLS, IPSec, SSL, DMVPN
- QoS, VoIP, NAC (Network Access Control)
- Excellent presentation preparation and delivery skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to manage customer requirements, gain consensus on challenging issues, and communicate decisions effectively at all levels of an organization
- Able to work under supervision and escalate issues as appropriate
- Able to effectively work with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Organized, able to multi-task, and work under pressure
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, priority-shifting environment
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate based on any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.