Vice President/Senior Director, Customer Marketing
Cvent | Marketing | Tysons Corner, VA
Cvent is seeking a results-oriented Vice President/Senior Director of Customer Marketing to lead the marketing strategy for our Event Cloud customer base. We are looking for someone with a demonstrated history of driving growth and retention, preferably in a B2B SaaS marketing environment. This leader will be required to work out of our Tysons Corner, VA office. Local candidates only as no relocation assistance is offered.
The Vice President/Senior Director of Customer Marketing will lead a 15+ person global marketing team. This seasoned marketing expert will be responsible for managing all Event Cloud customer marketing globally to include the vision, strategy and execution of demand generation campaigns.
Our ideal hire is passionate about the customer experience and is on the forefront of the emerging customer marketing discipline. Top candidates will be strategically minded and must be exceptionally organized with the ability to define, prioritize and execute marketing objectives to onboard, engage and retain customers as well as increase adoption of Cvent’s offerings through cross-sell and up-sell programs.
This leader will be required to work out of our Tysons Corner, VA office. Local candidates only as no relocation assistance is offered.
What You Will Be Doing
- Define a customer marketing strategy to drive lifetime value
- Develop and execute all areas of the customer marketing strategy and plans including customer segmentation, onboarding, cross-sell/up-sell, adoption, save, retain and advocacy
- Re-envision, drive and foster the Cvent customer community and Customer Advisory Board to create strong advocates
- Collaborate with sales management and the Customer Success organization to execute effective campaigns, improve processes and marketing efficiency to drive pipeline, accelerate sales and manage at-risk accounts
- Manage the customer experience and event marketing at premier events
- Manage annual/biannual/quarterly customer satisfaction surveys to drive change throughout the organization
- Connect with customers to ensure continued education and success throughout the relationship lifecycle
- Formulate and communicate the requirements to develop, clean and manage the customer database in partnership with Cvent’s Global Demand Center team
- Partner with the customer success organization to define and automate communications throughout the customer lifecycle
- Partner with the technology organization to create context-driven messaging within product to drive sales of new modules and to integrate usage metrics with CRM
- Partner with the Global Demand Center to create and streamline customer marketing processes and deliverables to ensure programs can scale
- Develop customer testimonials, case studies and references. Develop presentations for sales organization as needed
- Lead, mentor and develop Customer Marketing Team
- Optimize and manage budget. Track and analyze programs/campaigns for ROI.
What You Will Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA preferred
- 15+ years marketing experience with at least 5 years in a customer marketing function inside a B2B SaaS technology company
- Deep understanding of B2B marketing strategies and techniques
- Innovative thinker capable of operating both in a strategic capacity and a hands-on/execution capacity
- Technical knowledge of the latest digital marketing tools and channels, including CRM / Marketing Automation platforms
- Analytical skills to determine marketing effectiveness of customer lifecycle campaigns and programs
- Ability to effectively manage and inspire direct and indirect reports to accomplish long and short-term goals. Proven ability to manage teams and develop talent within the organization.
- Strength in working with cross-functional teams including executive management, product management, customer success, operations, sales and marketing
- Fast learner with the ability to execute in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Self-directed, organized and disciplined team player who is capable of hands-on-execution and long-term business planning
- Superior presentation, written and verbal communication skills with an eye for quality and attention to detail
- Experience supporting large sales and customer success organizations in a growth environment is preferred