Naviga Inc. | G&A | Bloomington, MN
Naviga delivers the broadest range of technology solutions for the global news media industry, including content management, digital advertising, circulation, audience relationship management, and mobile applications. The company's innovative solutions and professional services help media organizations engage audiences through web, print, mobile, and social media channels. Naviga helps more than 3,000 publishers around the world compete for audience and revenue across the entire media landscape.
Our Bloomington office offers several perks, an on-site gym, on-site cafeteria, free airport shuttle, free covered parking, and adjacent to major metro transit lines!
The Collections Specialist is responsible for collections of customer accounts and analysis of customer account activity, answer inquiries from customers, process improvements and required reporting functions. This person would be responsible for communication and maintaining business relationships.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Maintain customer receivable accounts within company guidelines
- Compile, analyze, reconcile and report on customer activity
- Contact customers via phone and email to collect outstanding receivable balances
- Respond to and resolve customer inquiries
- Collaborate with sales and services contacts
- Work with invoicing teams to improve processes for proper invoicing and reduction of errors
- Manage files, records, transactions and other office procedures
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and year-end close cycles
- Ability to communicate effectively with upper management.
- Cash application
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred
- 2+ years of progressive accounts receivable or collections experience strongly desired
- Intermediate computer skills with in-depth knowledge of MS office and web-based systems; excellent word processing skills, Excel and file management skills
- Experience in Salesforce a plus
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office products and ERP System experience