VIEW ALL APPLY NOW
Lone Wolf Technologies | Development | Cambridge, Ontario
Skills & Requirements
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Design, develop, implement, support and maintain complex Java applications.
- Perform object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD), applying industry best practices and techniques.
- Create technical specifications for detailed application design.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software-related issues.
- Maintain code quality through unit testing.
- Document code appropriately for maintainability.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure design principles are followed.
- Create and maintain user-interface patterns and standards library.
- Act as mentor to other developers on programming issues
- Work with team members from beginning of product lifecycle through application release
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of, at least, two modern programming language such as C/C++, C#, .Net, Perl
- Experience with Cloud computing like AWS (other than virtual machines and S3) and large data sets
- Knowledge of NoSQL data stores
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies covering web/rendering frameworks, threading, load balancing, profiling, application containers, automated builder tools and application development stacks.