Software Engineer - Server Side
Xactly Corporation | Engineering | Bengaluru,
Job Title: Software Engineering
Location: Bangalore, India
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Level: Level 2
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly’s comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
This position will be a part of the Engineering team working on the major product Insights at Xactly. You will partner with other Engineering teams in the company to drive continuous development of new features, innovation as well as establish trust across the org with Product Managers, Support, Data Center Operations, and peer engineering teams. You will be a hands on engineer who will be working with engineering team to have quality code and perfect releases.
Xactly’s Engineering team is growing rapidly and we need someone who can work the product Incent. Covering offices in San Jose, Denver, Bangalore, and Toronto, we have a strong focus on cutting-edge and high-quality code and products. All engineers are encouraged to operate independently with the highly level of accountability, but also have the ability to be a team player and work with multiple teams.
- Masters plus 3 years or bachelors plus 5 years’ experience in web application development and architecture.
- Extensive experience using open source software libraries
- Strong experience in at least one MVC architecture or application of the pattern
- Solid hands on experience with Java and/or Scala
- Hands on experience with one or more key-value data store such as MongoDB, Hbase or Cassandra.
- Must have built end to end continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for micro services
- Strong commitment to good engineering discipline and process including code reviews and delivering unit tests in conjunction with feature delivery
- Must possess excellent communication and teamwork skills. Strong presentation and facilitation skills are required.
- Self-starter that is results focused with the ability to work independently and in teams.
GOOD TO HAVE:
- Hands on experience with Hadoop and Spark.
- Previous experience with SQL ( Oracle, MySQL, Postgres)
- Prior experience building modular, common and scalable services
- Experience using chef, puppet or other deployment automation tools
- Experience working within a distributed engineering team including offshore
- Bonus points if you have contributed to an open source project
- Familiarity and experience with agile (scrum) development process
- Proven track record of identifying and championing new technologies that enhance the end-user experience, software quality, and developer productivity
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend New Hire Training
- Learn the Dev and QE processes
- Gain exposure to Xactly’s product suite
- Learn about Xactly’s tools and technologies
- Get to know your team
- Local development environment should be up and running
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Fix product issues/bugs in different areas
- Able to contribute to all the design discussions
- Code reviews
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Ensure the best dev practices are being used
- Ensure that he/she is releasing high quality product
- Participate and contribute in maintenance and new product development and Should be able to work individually on any tasks
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be an expert on Xactly’s Insights product
- Partner and work cross functionally with other dev teams and the QE team
- Take full ownership of features and processes of the product
- Continuously think about and work on process improvements for an always high-quality product
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit and Drinks
- Free Parking and Subsidized Bus Pass (a go-green initiative!)
THE XACTLY STORY:
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.