AGDATA | Finance/Accounting | Charlotte, NC
We are the most trusted provider of data collection and management, marketing program management, and analytical solutions for our Crop and Animal Health industry clients. With data services at the core—surrounded by an extensible array of streamlined software solutions—our unified platform represents over three decades of innovation and expertise in the agriculture, crop protection, specialty chemical and animal health industries.
Backed by an entrepreneurial, creative and energetic work force, teammates at AGDATA are pushing the boundaries of technology to enhance our relationships with our clients. We are a growing team, focused on adding creative, knowledgeable individuals who are ready to jump right in and make an immediate impact.
As a member of the AGDATA accounting team you will be responsible for core accounting functions. You will be a generalist, mastering increasingly complex accounting concepts, while developing a broad knowledge of AGDATA’s business. You will have the opportunity to work with bright co-workers across multiple teams on new projects and process improvements. AGDATA is a place where initiative is valued and no day is ever boring.
We are looking for top rated accounting professionals who have experience leading general ledger activities, and a strong background in accounts receivable and revenue recognition. General ledger activities will include: month-end close, reconciliations and variance analyses.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Ensure accurate and timely month-end close
- Lead customer invoicing and revenue recognition policies
- Prepare various monthly journal entries
- Reconcile bank and general ledger accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepare variance reports and various analyses
- Support cash flow forecasting
- Provide support for the external financial audit
- Develop, document, and enhance existing accounting policies and procedures
- Take initiative in recommending changes in work methods, policies, and procedures to improve operating efficiencies
- Perform additional projects and duties as directed by the Accounting Manager and Controller
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- 2-3 years or related experience
- Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task while meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent Excel and systems skills
We seek out and reward people who are adaptable, accountable, collaborative and curious. We want our teammates to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success and who are looking to GROW!