VIEW ALL APPLY NOW
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
PowerSchool | R&D | Bengaluru, Karnataka
Skills & Requirements
- Within an Agile framework, lead other team members to deliver compelling, high quality solutions via iterative sprint commitments in on aggressive release cycles.
- Uphold existing quality assurance standards and processes, and be a champion in driving further improvements. This includes the creation and documentation of QA standards and best practices that can be leveraged by the entire QA organization.
- Mentor junior staff on sound QA and testing methodologies, as well as sound business principles such as time and project management, communication skills.
- Research and internalize proposed software requirements, functional designs, and technical designs, as well as participate in meetings to clarify and refine requirements and designs.
- Develop and implement test strategies and test plans.
- Create high level manual test cases, followed by creation and execution of automated test cases. This includes the creation of necessary test data.
- Perform manual testing to ensure the software meets stated requirements & designs, and has a positive user experience. This may include black box, white box, positive, negative, boundary, stress, integration, exploratory, usability, system, platform, or regression testing methodologies.
- Perform verification on software defect fixes to ensure they resolve the stated problem.
- Follow sound problem solving methodologies to identify, troubleshoot, and properly document software defects.
- Perform maintenance on existing test-ware, and implement incremental improvements.
- Identify, quantify, and communicate software risks, and produce comprehensive mitigation strategies.
- Produce accurate estimates for the time needed to execute on assigned projects and tasks.
- All other responsibilities, as assigned by management.
- 4 year+ degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of experience as a Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
- Knowledge and passion for Software Quality Assurance & Testing methodologies
- Expert knowledge of automated UI testing methodologies and toolsets
- Expert knowledge of automated load testing methodologies and toolsets
- Knowledge of Source Code Management methodologies (SVN, Git)
- A passion for improvement of existing processes and tools
- Experience mentoring junior staff on QA and testing methodologies
- Expert understanding of Agile & Lean SDLC methodologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies and toolsets
- Expert knowledge of SQL, and intermediate knowledge of Oracle
- Experience with Windows and MAC client and server operating systems
- Experience working in the Microsoft and .NET technology stack
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Demonstrate an ability to thrive as both an individual contributor and as a team contributor
- Demonstrate motivation, innovation and a dramatic willingness toward excellence
- Must be able to travel 5% of the time