Network Support Specialist III
CentralSquare Technologies | G & A | Kelowna, British Columbia
Individual must be knowledgeable of the current Microsoft Windows Operating System, and MS Office Suite Applications. Responsibilities will include the support of internal customers in the configuration, training, and problem-resolution regarding Network, MS operating system, desktop applications, and computer equipment. Candidate may lead Service Desk projects and assist other IT support teams. Work is monitored and reviewed through conferences, reports, and results attained. Must be able to lift 50lbs
Candidate should have an overall awareness of CentralSquare Technologies, business goals and systems. Individual must be flexible to travel, shift changes, and after hours support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. The statements below describe the general nature and level of work being preformed in this job; additional responsibilities may be assigned as required by Management.
- Provides technical support for internal customers.
- Enabling and disabling user ids in Active Directory
- Monitor and process servicedesk and email voicemail box
- Create and resolve problem tickets related to IT resources
- Assist with employees equipment moves
- Pre-image machines for equipment replacement and new hire
- Assist with non-specific tasks to aide IT personnel
- Install Windows OS and approved software on users computers
- Assist with technical support for user conferences
- Assist with equipment inventory
- Organize and catalog Software products
- Cable Managements
- Support audio visual equipment in conference rooms
- Maintain servicedesk documentation
- Train employees on various IT products
- Maintain spreadsheets and databases
- Recommends systems, solutions, and resolutions appropriate for internal customers
- Quality assurance call back
- Organize & categorize expired equipment and stage for release
- Support audio visual conference equipment
- Maintain Software image
- After hour on Call
- Test and certify new software integration with company image
- Maintain new and terminated employee ids in Active Directory, storage and equipment.
- Troubleshoot escalated complex issues with security, network, telecom, admin and iBMi ops team.
- Coordinate roll out projects with management direction
- Performs related work as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrate competence, efficiency and complete professionalism. Skill in applying a logical approach to solving problems. Should be able to break complex issues into components and formulate steps to resolution. Ability to maintain composure under stress, keep departmental goals in clear focus. Good attention to detail. Tenacity, willingness to follow a problem through to ultimate resolution. Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions, and to present oral and written reports clearly and concisely. Ability to establish effective working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors, and representatives of other departments. Ability to plan work and work independently. Good interpersonal skills and a desire to promote team accomplishment. Enthusiasm, enjoyment of solving problems and keeping customers satisfied
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Candidate should have A-Plus or Network Plus or Networking Essentials and current Windows Certification. Should have at least two year experience in a call center technical support position, along with at least three to five years in the general field of PC computing and PC applications. Additionally, the candidate should have: A strong technical background in the general PC environment, with a good understanding of PC setups and configurations, communications, modems, printers and general PC troubleshooting techniques. Working knowledge of supported software applications – O365 products, Apple OS, windows OS, MS Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook Exchange and WEB applications.