AGDATA | Product Development | Charlotte, NC
We are the most trusted provider of data collection and management, marketing program management, and analytical solutions for our Crop and Animal Health industry clients. With data services at the core—surrounded by an extensible array of streamlined software solutions—our unified platform represents over three decades of innovation and expertise in the agriculture, crop protection, specialty chemical and animal health industries.
Backed by an entrepreneurial, creative and energetic work force, teammates at AGDATA are pushing the boundaries of technology to enhance our relationships with our clients. We are a growing team, focused on adding creative, knowledgeable individuals who are ready to jump right in and make an immediate impact.
AGDATA is currently seeking a Development Manager for a full time position in Charlotte, NC. We are looking for a Software Development Manager to lead one of our scrum teams focused on our payment forecasting solution. If you’re looking for the next challenge in your career, we’re looking for you!
You will have the opportunity to:
- Provide hands-on technical direction and guidance to your product engineering team
- Lead architectural discussions and create the technical direction for the product
- Determine the optimal overall software design and roll out strategy
- Overall responsibility for the implementation of a high-quality software product with a great user experience that performs and scales
- Partner with product management to provide the execution plan
- Emphasize code and unit test reviews
- Mentor junior and mid-level developers
- CI/CD advocate and practitioner.Lead the expansion of automated testing in the productTrain and mentor junior QA engineers; create and share best practices with other QA engineers
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- 7+ years leading a development team of at least 7
- 10+ years using RDBMS Technologies, preferably SQL Server
- 10+ years building software solutions (although this should be a passion)
- 10+ years working with object-oriented programming languages
- Prior experience building and leading SaaS-based solutions
- 3+ years building microservices and an thorough understanding of microservice design patterns
- Familiarity with Apache technologies (Ex. Kafka, Impala, elasticsearch, Storm, Cassandra, Drill)
- Experience working with a data platform is a plus
- Experience as a software architect is a plus
- Experience with artificial intelligence and machine learning is a plus
We seek out and reward people who are adaptable, accountable, collaborative and curious. We want our teammates to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success and who are looking to GROW!