Lead QA Engineer
Omnitracs | SW Engineering | Dallas, TX
The Lead Quality Assurance Engineer codes, designs, develops and executes automated test scripts, comprehensive test plans and test cases in the Business Systems group. Testing areas include automation, performance, web applications, integration testing, billing and SaaS applications such as Salesforce.com. The role requires that the individual be effective in participating in program level, project level and technical governance and negotiate overall product quality standards with development and business teams. The role also requires coordinating with team members for testing activities, participating in Requirements ambiguity, Use Case/User Story reviews, and conduct QA analysis and test support activities. The QA Engineer determines and utilizes the most appropriate testing methodologies such as automation, functional, system, regression, exploratory, performance, etc. and leverages HP Quality Center to maintain manual test cases and automated scripts, adhering to established testing standards and developing new standards as needed; works directly with technical, functional and engineering resources and end users to resolve issues.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develops and execute specific performance, automated and functional test scripts
- Analyze and dissect system requirements, technical specifications
- Design, develop and execute comprehensive test plans, strategies and test cases for business applications
- Accurately and concisely report on progress and defect status
- Adhere to established testing standards and develop new standards including methods and documentation
- Coordinate execution of functional testing, regression and integration testing with appropriate groups
- Assist business users in defining User Acceptance Testing, test cases and plans
- Document test results and work directly with technical and functional resources to resolve issues
- Effectively interface with Development, Engineering and Business teams
- Help provide technical leadership and strategic direction to the testing organization
- Actively participate in architecture and design discussions and actively participates in requirement analysis to develop efficient Test plans and Test Design specifications.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field
- EXPERIENCE: 8+ years’ experience testing integrated systems and SaaS applications, formulating and executing solutions; experience with HP Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, and automating test tools and scripting
- Strong knowledge of test plan engineering and development ofautomated script creation and execution for applications
- Working knowledge of bug/issue identification strategies, bug reporting and bug tracking through resolution
- Strong knowledge of software product development and implementation life cycles and the role of unit, system, regression, integration (TIBCO) and performance testing
- Solid understanding of relational databases such as SQL, Oracle and Unix operating systems
- Proven track record in working across teams, including engineering, product management, project management, development, testing and operations, to establish strong quality practices
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability of working and leading multiple projects and releases, balancing time and effort for successful delivery
- High level data analysis skills
- Superior organizational, time management and project management skills
- Ability to drill down into data inconsistencies between expected and actual outcomes
- Ability to use test result to formulate solutions
- Ability to execute effective solutions to existing problems
- Ability to define/refine and document repeatable business process to support the test and quality assurance activities within the process life cycle
Disclaimer: This Job Summary indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.