Greenway Health | Information Technology | Tampa, FL
The Systems Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that hardware, operating systems, software, and related systems adhere to organizational values, policies and procedures in support of business requirements.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Plans, designs, documents, implements and maintains the internal business systems, including servers, operating systems and server applications.
- Investigates and troubleshoots issues and trouble tickets.
- Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures.
- Coordinates the maintenance of user accounts and systems access controls.
- Assist in the organization and inventory of hardware and software resources.
- Performs system monitoring, verifies the integrity and availability of server resources, systems and key processes.
- Verifies the availability of server and systems resources and key processes.
- Reviews system and application logs, and verifies completion of scheduled jobs.
- Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Assists in the planning, design, documentation, implementation and maintenance of the internal business systems, including servers, operating systems and server applications.
- Documents hardware and software maintenance history.
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Supports media management through methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
- Performs file archival and purge as necessary.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Provides emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
• 2– 5 years of experience in systems engineering work. Previous experience maintaining servers in production environment preferred.
• Knowledge of current Windows server platform
• Knowledge of Windows Active Directory Users & Computers
• Hardware and software troubleshooting skills
• Familiarity with virtual server environments, preferably VMWare
• Familiarity with networked/distributed computing environment
• Familiarity with SAN and NAS environments
• Familiarity with UNIX/LINUX OS
• Office 365 admin experience is preferred
• Excellent written and oral communications skills, ability to work on teams, good interpersonal skills, and demonstrated problem resolution skills
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Office environment
• Ability to use a computer, phone, and other office equipment
• Ability to travel to other campuses mostly in the southeast
• Ability to drive a vehicle
• Ability to work a varied schedule
• Ability to work with the public