EAB | Technology | Washington, DC
EAB our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,500 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Integration Engineer ("Senior Analyst")
The primary responsibility of the Senior Analyst is to own development, roll out, and testing of web-service API based data integration between clients and EAB. They partner with EAB product development colleagues to ensure API integration is developed for scale and ease of implementation for all future clients. In addition, they work with project managers to manage client relationships, sets and execute against project milestones, and manage quality, client satisfaction, and engagement throughout the implementation life-cycle.
The ideal candidate will be an adaptable project and client manager who will have a technical background coupled with proficient business acumen to enable them to draw and effectively communicate meaningful business conclusions and insights from a wide variety of data sources and structures.
This role is based in Washington, D.C.
- Develop and deploy data integration solutions using bi-directional web service APIs and ensure all functions of tagging, troubleshooting and maintenance are performed accurately
- Analyze business and technical requirements to build import methods from various data sources and execute the ETL/eBus process end-to-end
- Contribute to scaling an implementation services business by developing sourcing templates and an internal knowledge library
- Ensure barriers to timely completion of client software implementation projects are anticipated and overcome
- Build and foster strong relationships with all levels of technical and non-technical audiences alike at client institutions
- Work effectively and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of implementation
- Proactively identify, recognize, and act on opportunities for improvement in order to advance business goals. Confront problems, change, and/or challenges quickly and enthusiastically
- Communicate with all internal and external partners in a pleasant, professional manner and with an attitude that promotes EAB goals and core objectives
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience with enterprise level data integration working with multiple systems simultaneously
- Including extracting data utilizing API integration from a variety of platforms, performing data mapping, data transformation, and loading data to the target system
- 2+ years' client facing experience implementing software solutions
- Experience using native APIs from higher ed core systems (SIS, ERP, LMS) a plus
- Fluency in SQL skills and web-service API integration deployment
- Experience managing multiple clients/projects/stakeholders simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience serving as a project owner including managing communication progress to stakeholders, risk identification and mitigation and facilitating problem solving
- Proven ability to communicate ideas and obtain buy-in with audiences at various technical and business levels
- Valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to travel up to 15% domestically
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match and day one full vesting
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.