Vertafore | Finance | East Lansing, MI
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that keeps transforming. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
This role will be a key partner for internal clients. Responsible for providing financial partnership to various internal departments.
• Lead budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting for supported groups.
• Transform financial data into concise and accurate financial information.
• Prepare and manages annual budgets, monthly forecasts of revenue and expenses, and capital.
• Manage short and long-term financial planning and capital forecasting.
• Prepare monthly variance analysis, operating statistics, and presentation material.
• Work with department managers to develop various monthly and annual budget presentations.
• Perform trend analysis with respect to key metrics.
• Work with and support operational managers as part of annual budget, monthly forecasting, and month-end closing analysis.
• Ensure that the decision-making processes have the relevant and sound financial information.
• Identify risk areas and bring to the table opportunities to resolve them.
Vertafore is about bringing together top talent to make an immediate impact in software. Our culture encourages employees who are able to create, think and challenge each other in a fast-paced environment. We are transforming our products and services, exploiting advanced techniques to create new “ways and means” for the insurance industry, and with that the industry is changing too.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
• Relevant professional experience preferred, but not required.
• Strong analytical skills. Comfortable working in a growing and changing organization.