Head of Data Science
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
Head of Data Science
We are looking for a Head of Data Science with experience in Al/Machine Learning to Grow and Develop our Data Science team. As the Head of Data Science, you will be identifying and evaluating opportunities to leverage data science and machine learning to complement our product offerings. You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and analysts on a wide range of problems. This position will bring statistical analysis to data in our market-leading platform to help us drive new business initiatives.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Identifying opportunities to leverage Data Science and ML to complement our product offerings
- Defining and managing the roadmap for ML initiatives
- Developing and driving best practices to operationalize ML in an AWS environment
- Growing and Developing our Data Science Team
- Managing current Data Scientist team
For this specific position, you will have a leg up if you also meet the following criteria:
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics or another quantitative discipline
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, including applying statistical modeling to solve business problems
- Experience managing Data Science teams
- Experience implementing algorithms using Python or Scala in the field of machine learning
- Working knowledge of Jupiter Notebooks and ML frameworks such as Pytorch, Tensorflow, SciKi
- Solid understanding of REST principles and microservices
- Familiarity with AWS Sagemaker
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, semi-annual bonuses, 401K Match, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace