Network Services Manager
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | Ashford, England
Job Title: Network Service Manager
Reporting To: Head of Networks, Advanced IT Services
We're one of the UK's largest and fastest-growing software and IT services companies, delivering a range of solutions to our 19,000+ customer base across every corner of the UK market.
The Network Service Manager is responsible for the stable operation and availability of Network and Voice Services across our company and for our customers. This includes; the management of incident and problem ticketing in line with SLA and OLAs, ownership of Major Incidents, staffing rotas and planned staff absences. You will lead a team of circa ten technical staff supporting our U.K. customer base and 2,300+ of our staff across numerous sites in the UK and India on a 7x24-x365 basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This is a key strategic role with a focus on Network Service delivery; your remit will cover all aspects of the delivery of networking support both within Advanced’s infrastructure and its customer’s networks. Advanced’s Networks Services include; Problem determination and resolution, change and project planning, availability and performance monitoring, capacity management and utilisation reporting for both infrastructure services and staffing, post Major Incident Reporting and Root Cause Analysis document creation, as well as day to day team management duties such as work load prioritisation.
- Ownership – As Advanced continues to evolve its services around Network Management and Administration, we are looking for a Manager proven in being reasonable and accountable for an infrastructure and technical group to provide leadership for the core operational team. This will include adopting a continuous learning and improvement methodology for services, instil good working practices and technical excellence, manage team prioritises based on SLA and profile, work collaboratively with other Platform Heads, team leaders and Subject Matter Experts in defining tooling, monitoring, and the setting of standards.
- Leadership - Your team will provide cost effective engineering and 7x24x365 operational support of our Network services. Responding to alerts in a prompt manner, ticket queue management, ensuring collaborative problem determination and resolution with other technology groups.
- Direction - The Network Service Manager will provide direction to enable our Network Team deliver excellent proactive support to all internal and external clients. This includes implementing best practices and repeatable processes to improve stability and availability. Managing and maintaining Network technologies using manufacturer specific tools or vendor agnostic technologies such as Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor.
- Security – This is a key focus which underpins everything we do and the Network Service Manager will be expected to work with Security Teams in ensuring adherence to company policy as well as contributing in the to the evolution of standards, enforcement techniques, platform security controls, identify potential threats and weakness. This includes providing automated processes for patch management and protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our clients’ data.
- Compliance – ensure compliance to relevant standards (e.g. ISO 27001, 9001) and provision of systems to control, adequately measure and handle the risks the business faces for the Managed Service Provider, Data Centre, Application Platform, Campus and satellite site networks.
- Colleagues – The Network Service Manager will manage and develop the Network team, define the training and development plans. This will include improving the overall knowledge of the systems, infrastructure and processes; we aim to promote from within where possible. You’ll need to ensure that the team delivers outstanding service and meets or exceeds the agreed SLA’s with all customers.
- Budgets – You will have input into the annual Capex & Opex Budget and then be required to run and deliver to the agreed budget. You will review and optimise current costs and achieve cost saving though agreed means such as consolidation.
- Business Continuity – develop documentation, build test procedures and define resources to deliver service continuity in the event of a loss of the Managed Service Provider, Data Centre, Application Platform or Campus networks.
- Licensing and asset management – working with Asset Management team you will ensure effective controls are implemented and developed to provide an excellent asset and licence management service
- Team Management - Ensure the teams manage their respective ITSM queues and actively provide support and mentorship for the technicians, which includes effectivity resolving P1 and P2 incidents on 7 x 24 hour basis and adhere to ITIL best practise including Problem Management. You will also proactively assign tasks and prioritise work to the team in occurrence with SLAs and project delivery timescales.
- Cooperation & Teamwork - Work closely with Pre-Sales, Implementation Resources and Project Managers to on-board new clients through the defined Service Take on process.
- Customer satisfaction – As a service organisation, customer satisfaction is critical for customer retention. The Network Service Manager will work with Technical Service Leads and customer aligned Service Delivery Managers to ensure; adherence to contractual commitments, delivery of network services exceeding SLAs, and a positive customer experience.
You'll be a strong leader in a specialist technology field and are excited by the challenge of working in a high-performing, fast-growing technical environment, supporting a diverse range of technical users.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Be the complete Advocate for your Technology Tower
- Demonstrable previous experience of implementing and supporting large-scale the Voice and Unified Comminutions environments within a Managed Service Provider environment or large Business.
- Strong technical Telephony and Unified Communications expertise along with leadership and communication skills, to improve the delivery of the Voice service. Communicating effectively to all stakeholders on a regular basis.
- A practical understanding of gathering business requirements & scoping relevant solutions.
- The ability to scope, define & provide solutions across a broad scope of diverse voice technologies. Display effective skills to communicate with the leadership community, third-party Suppliers and internal / external technical teams.
- Strong consultancy skills and the capacity to be an excellent motivator in order to meet deadlines and handle change.
- Use resources to best advantage, by collaborative working with all Team Leaders, Technology Leads and Professional Services Resource Management
- Setting the behavioural & performance standards. Energizing your team.
- Deal positively with change & uncertainty.
- To work on projects and initiatives as directed by the Head of Networks or Director of Operations to support changes or opportunities in the division and wider business.
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With over a £254m turnover, over 19,000 customers and over 2,300 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Generous commission scheme – able to earn bonuses up to 100 percent of your base
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be