PowerSchool | G&A | Folsom, CA
The IT Intern is responsible for supporting all hardware and software systems of one or multiple IT services along with other members of the IT staff. This person will also be responsible for providing technical guidance to ensure that all systems meet the current and future needs of the company. Work request will be received in form of ticket, phone calls, or in person interaction. Work request need to be handled according to the service level agreements of the IT department.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Troubleshoot basic network or computer/server issues.
• Install, maintain and support end user equipment like PCs and phones
• Install, maintain and support end user productivity software like email, conferencing, printing, and Operating System issues
• Provide efficient and timely customer support to users
• Manage the inventory of the local office
• Any other tasks as assigned by manager or senior members of staff
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• High school or equivalent experience
• Hands-on design and support experience with:
o Windows PCs and Apple computers
o Office 365 and email troubleshooting and configuration
o Excellent customer support attitude
o Basic understanding of network theory and troubleshooting
o Good understanding of Operating systems and hardware components
o Strong organizational skills
o Excellent written and verbal communications
• Constant indoor collaborative work environment in close contact with co-workers
• Frequent social interactions and interruptions
• Frequent work under time pressure Physical Requirements Lifting/Carrying:
• Occasionally carrying items weighing under 10 lbs.
• Rarely carrying items weighing between 11-20 lbs. Twisting/Turning:
• Occasionally reaching over shoulder and head
• Occasionally reaching outward
• Occasionally bending
• Frequently walking normal surfaces • Frequent sitting and/or standing Other: • Constant use of keyboard, fine dexterity, grasping, holding
• Constant repetitive motion – hands