Tomia | Product Development | Ra'anana, Central District
System Architect - Ra'anana, IL
TOMIA was formed from the merger of Starhome Mach and Telarix, industry veterans in Roaming and Interconnect. TOMIA offers transformative connectivity solutions to service providers worldwide. Its innovative offering enables customers to manage a unified optimization process of both roaming and interconnect while driving the future of connectivity through new technologies and services such as VoLTE, NFV, and 5G. With over 500 employees worldwide, regional headquarters in the US, Israel, Luxembourg, India, and a presence in over 30 countries, Tomia serves over 400 operators including 30 tier-1 and six of the industry’s largest groups. To learn more visit www.tomiaglobal.com.
As an Architect, you will help shepherd the evolution of our technology stack and system architecture. You will lead solution architecture efforts, collaborating with development teams and stakeholders throughout the organization. You will use your broad experience and demonstrated sound judgement to define technology standards and practices that connect development teams with architecture strategy. You will provide vision for how the system architecture needs to evolve in order to support key business objectives, and you will plan the strategy to get there.
- Drive application architecture to meet business and technology goals
- Drive, influence, and evangelize cross-functional technology solutions in a highly collaborative environment
- Collaborate with Tech Leads and other Architects to drive decisions on adoption of technology standards, patterns, and practices that accelerate product delivery while aligning development activities to architecture vision.
- Lead multiple, simultaneous architecture initiatives that impact many development teams.
- Participate in organization-wide initiatives under the guidance and coaching of more experienced team members
- Do research, deliver proof of concept experiments, write documentation, and collaborate across the organization to plan and deliver on key architectural initiatives
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, tools and practices that are pushing the technology envelope
- Strong customer empathy
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Software Engineering; or equivalent work experience
- Experience planning, coordinating, and working with a team to deliver projects
- Familiarity working with offshore development teams
- Highly self-motivated, ambitious, flexible, self-sufficient and high energy
- Maintain positive relationships even under difficult or heated circumstances; seek to understand and address the concerns and interests of others with opposing viewpoints
- Experience in Signaling GSM related protocols - an advantage
- Java, C++
- Oracle SQL Server
- BI background – Hadoop, BI Tools- an advantage
- Experience building or consuming public APIs, understanding of SOAP vs. REST, various authentication/authorization methods, common patterns and practices