Enterprise Services Engineer Intern, IT
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company of nearly 4000 employees that provides industry-leading software to event professionals around the world. Our suite of services – online event registration, venue selection, mobile apps, email marketing, web surveys, and targeted hotel advertising opportunities – have positioned us a major player in the estimated $565 billion global meetings and events industry.
What You Will Be Doing
At Cvent, our paid summer technology internships are designed to provide students with real-world mentorship and experience. As an intern in our Enterprise Services Group, you will have the opportunity to help scale our internal toolset for a growing enterprise, be on the front-line of defense for troubleshooting, building, and managing the IT footprint for all of our employees globally or providing corporate training and education on IT systems and services.
- Build new and improve existing automation and scripted tools to scale our enterprise offerings.
- Assist with inventory, auditing, reporting, and managing IT equipment.
- Managing special projects that enhance Enterprise Services environments.
- Work closely with senior team members to develop long-term workflows to better scale our operations across the enterprise.
- Assist with development and improvement of IT Training programs and assist with corporate communications.
What You Need for this Position
- Graduation date of December 2019 or May 2020
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills, to hunt down a problem and find the solution.
- Must be a self-starter, resourceful, and capable of multitasking.
- Basic understanding of system account management.
- Proven ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Aptitude for learning the relationship between business process and technical execution.
And knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Coding or scripting languages.
- Managing industry IT platforms, including but not limited to Windows, Macbooks, Active Directory, Office365.
- Adobe InDesign/Illustrator