Associate Product Owner – Mid-Market Solutions
Trintech | Product Development | Addison, TX
Trintech is looking for an energetic Associate Product Owner to advance our goal of bringing great financial close solutions to market, and help our customers transform their financial processes. As part of our Product Management team, you’ll define functional requirements for our Mid-Market solutions, designed to help customers streamline their a historically manual financial close process in order to let them focus time on more value-added tasks.
Our environment is fast-paced and exciting. We’re creating new solutions, enhancing our existing solutions, expanding globally and incorporating greater degrees of data and customer feedback into product development, while growing the business. As part of our Product Management team, you will work with Product Leaders to create future vision for our solutions and help grow the business, while also executing against a comprehensive career development plan designed to help you grow professionally.
The Associate Product Owner will gain a detailed working knowledge of how users interact with our solutions and create user stories and functional specifications to support and enhance user workflow. The Associate Product Owner will look to product and/or portfolio managers to gain knowledge on industry dynamics and business practice trends to form a well-rounded knowledge base from which to help manage products. The Associate Product Owner will learn to be ultimately responsible for product functionality and usability, maximizing both by working closely with customers, stakeholders, engineers and usability experts.
What You Get to Do:
- Create product plans and product backlogs that establish development priorities for each release, and Agile Sprints
- Work with Engineering to drive product development, representing the customer using user stories
- Assist with the prioritization of product enhancements to improve usability and maximize customer retention
- Create user stories to support business solution definitions and business requirements.
- Define product requirements and functional specifications to support user stories
- Create business process flow diagrams as the basis for designing new product features
- Work with R&D / engineering and usability experts to design user interactions and translate technical specifications into functional requirements
- Perform competitive assessment of product features to keep products competitive in key market segments
- Validate user test cases (from user stories) to verify features work as designed
- Maintain regulatory and legal compliance within products
- Present product designs and prototypes to customers and focus groups
- Validates system, user and functional test plans to ensure all product functions work collectively as designed
- Validate the creation of customer-like data for product and system testing
- Assist with internal training and rollout activities
- Ensure infrastructure readiness prior to product launch
- Serve as an escalation point for support and services to handle customer related issues
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business Administration, or a relevant field
- 0-2 years of related professional experience
- Accounting/Finance experience highly desirable
- Passion for understanding customers, their problems and experiences
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to envision successful products based on a balance of user needs, business goals, and technical constraints
- Experience with writing business cases, ROI and pro-forma modeling
- Prior experience in SDLC and cloud software solutions desirable
- Experience with agile project management of large, cross-functional product initiatives, is certainly a plus