Product Manager, Director
Omnitracs | CT - Product Management | Chicago, IL
Director, Product Management - Strategic Initiatives
Join this exciting new team within Omnitracs in a new Chicago location! The newly formed, Strategic Initiatives team is working on some of the industry's toughest and most important problems. As a startup within an established company, the Strategic Initiatives team has the charter to invent and create brand new solutions to validated market problems. As the Director of Product Management, your role will be to build and lead the nascent Product team. As a leader in a startup, you will also be hands-on in the development of new products; you will conduct ideation sessions, both internal and external to Omnitracs, serve as market expert to the product delivery teams, aggregate competitive intelligence, run Beta programs and continue to keep a pulse on the ever-changing transportation and supply chain market. You will develop the strategic product plan, product requirements, and go to market strategies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead and support a growing product portfolio and team of Product Managers.
- Drive revenue growth for the defined initiatives.
- Develop and maintain product requirements by working directly with Engineering Leads, Program Managers and Product Managers.
- Develop product strategy and positioning based on market research and customer feedback.
- Participate in the execution of a customer advisory board (CAB) program for each of our major market segments.
- Product leadership for assigned products from cradle to grave.
- Understand the product details and lead product related technical and business analysis activities.
- Understand the system users and the user experiences
- Research and understand the competitive market landscape
- Represent the product team in periodic cross-function team meetings.
- Be able to attend technical meetings and independently recognize potential impacts to product deliverables. Must also understand relationships between products, projects, subsystems and tasks.
- EDUCATION: BS/BA in business, engineering, or a related field.
- EXPERIENCE: 5+ years in Product Management or equivalent experience. Logistics/Transportation experience highly preferred.
- Experience and/or working knowledge of the transportation industry is a must, preferably at a carrier or broker.
- Certificate in Pragmatic Marketing a plus
- Experience in building and launching software applications in SaaS environment
- Experience in building and launching mobile applications
- Strong team-player with proven ability to work effectively with and influence engineering, sales, marketing, services and support
- Strong people skills with the ability to coach team members so they will be successful in their roles.
- Ability to plan and execute on the product strategy
- Proven business and market planning skills
- Experience understanding and working with technical concepts.
- Possess strong computer expertise and the ability to learn new applications and technologies rapidly.
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to understand high level and low level business and technical concepts.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
This position requires up to 50% travel.