VIEW ALL APPLY NOW
Lead Software Engineer
Cvent | Technology | Washington, DC
A best friend's wedding, a 10th anniversary party, BlizzCon, AWS re:Invent, The Grammys, a first concert, the opening of a new museum - we all have a favorite event.
Events and meetings make an impact that lasts a lifetime. As more of our lives are spent online, the time offline is truly rare. So, our goal is to make it easy to bring great people together, face-to-face.
With more than 4.5 million successful events brought to life using our award-winning event management platform, we'd say we're well on our way. As we look to the future, we're focused on continuing to innovate and create the best technology to bring joy through the power of in-person connection. And that's where you come in!
If you want a job where there’s more enthusiasm than there is red tape, where ideas are sought after and celebrated, and where hard work changes the course of human history, then Cvent and our newest acquisition, Social Tables, may be the place for you!
• Responsible for upholding technical rigor on their team
• Serve as technical tie breaker for all technical decisions on the team
• Provide mentorship and technical leadership to the engineers on your team
• Work closely with our Principal Engineer to contribute to and develop our technology roadmap and architecture
• Work closely with the Engineering Manager, Product Manager, and Product Designer on breaking down problems into achievable chunks
• Proven experience planning, building, and scaling high-quality SaaS products.
• Passion for writing code that is scalable, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested.
• Experience leading a team through mentoring and technical guidance.
• Comfort debugging large applications and refactoring them to well-tested components and services.
• Ability to represent the business when speaking to customers or community members.
• Ability to identify and proactively communicate infrastructure, product features, and technology issues that cut across multiple products.
Technologies We Use
• We use Node.js on the server.
• We prefer Restify for APIs, GraphQL for web apps.
• We use LaunchDarkly for feature flagging.
• We use React on the browser, and when we need more complex state management on the browser, we use Redux.
• We use Three.js/WebGL for our 3D visualizations.
• We build our browser assets with Webpack.
• We use MySQL for our database storage.
• We use AWS for our infrastructure, deploying services with ECS and Lambda.
• We develop on our local machines, not in the cloud.
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, semi-annual bonuses, 401K Match, gym membership discounts and other great perks!