Cvent | Technology | Washington, DC
A best friend's wedding, a 10th anniversary party, BlizzCon, AWS re:Invent, The Grammys, a first concert, the opening of a new museum - we all have a favorite event.
Events and meetings make an impact that lasts a lifetime. As more of our lives are spent online, the time offline is truly rare. So, our goal is to make it easy to bring great people together, face-to-face.
With more than 4.5 million successful events brought to life using our award-winning event management platform, we'd say we're well on our way. As we look to the future, we're focused on continuing to innovate and create the best technology to bring joy through the power of in-person connection. And that's where you come in!
If you want a job where there’s more enthusiasm than there is red tape, where ideas are sought after and celebrated, and where hard work changes the course of human history, then Cvent and our newest product, Social Tables, may be the place for you!
- Responsible for upholding technical rigor on their team
- Serve as technical tie breaker for all technical deicsions on the team
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership to the engineers on your team
- Work closely with our Principal Engineer to contribute to and develop our technology roadmap and architecture
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager, Product Manager, and Product Designer on breaking down problems into achievable chunks
- Use Node.js on the server
- Restify for APIs, GraphQL for web apps
- LaunchDarkly for feature flagging
- React on the browser, and when we need more complex state management on the browser, use Redux
- Three.js/WebGL for our 3D visualizations
- Build browser assets with Webpack
- MySQL for database storage
- AWS for infrastructure, deploying services with ECS and Lambda
- Develop on local machines, not in the cloud
- Proven experience planning, building, and scaling high-quality SaaS products
- Passion for writing code that is scalable, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested
- Experience leading a team through mentoring and technical guidance
- Comfort debugging large applications and refactoring them to well-tested components and services
- Ability to represent the business when speaking to customers or community members
- Ability to identify and proactively communicate infrastructure, product features, and technology issues that cut across multiple products