Junior Software Developer
Tomia | Product Development | Bangalore, Karnataka
Junior Software Developer - Bangalore, IN
TOMIA was formed from the merger of Starhome Mach and Telarix, industry veterans in Roaming and Interconnect. TOMIA offers transformative connectivity solutions to service providers worldwide. Its innovative offering enables customers to manage a unified optimization process of both roaming and interconnect while driving the future of connectivity through new technologies and services such as VoLTE, NFV, and 5G. With over 500 employees worldwide, regional headquarters in the US, Israel, Luxembourg, India, and a presence in over 30 countries, Tomia serves over 400 operators including 30 tier-1 and six of the industry’s largest groups. To learn more visit www.tomiaglobal.com.
The Junior Software Developer will be responsible to develop solution components targeted for worldwide users. This covers complete development life-cycle from product definition (in cooperation with product owners and architects) to design, implementation, documentation and testing within the team as well as taking maintainability, performance, scalability into account.
To write/review design, functional specifications and/or programs by following software development methodology. To resolve application/functionality issues in the software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and implement new product offering solution components/applications or enhancements based on input from Market Offerings.
- Interface with our product managers, product area architects and jointly drive the development of service portfolio
- Architect, design and implement solutions/applications for a worldwide user basis
- Develop solutions as required to achieve the delivery targets
- Provide Level 3 support on production issues in concerned areas
- Interface and communicate with architect/developers/tester peers to support the end to end solution
- Continuous optimization of the solutions/applications landscape to improve its effectiveness, reduce cost and ensure productivity to match market demand.
- C, Pro*C – Intermediary level
- C++ and OOP Concepts – Intermediary level
- Oracle, others RDBMS Concepts – Intermediary level
- UNIX – Intermediary level
- Performance Tuning – Intermediary level
- Agile Methodologies – Good to have
- Java, J2EE – Good to have
- Knowledge on Telecommunication OSS/BSS platforms and Roaming domain would be preferred
- Subversion, CVS – Good to have
Education and/or Experience
- Any Engineering degree (BE/BTech/ME/MTech), preferably in Computer Science OR Computer Application degree (MCA) OR Postgraduate degree (MSc) in Computer Science
An individual must also have excellent communication in English both oral and written, proficiencies in other languages is a plus.