Internal Communications Lead
Advanced | Marketing | Slough, England
Managing and evolving the Advanced brand equity, promoting and maintaining tone of voice via digital and traditional content, and innovative use of tools and technology, owning the communication both internally and externally with colleagues, customers and prospects alike.
Team & Role Description
The Internal Communications lead is a critical role within Advanced for linking all employees with the Advanced Brand, with business developments, and ensuring they understand and embrace the journey that Advanced is on. In addition this role is responsible for the communications to all stakeholders upon the acquisition of new businesses.
The role has two clear aims;
Firstly, the development, implementation and execution of the internal communications plan to ensure Advanced engage, motivate, and inspire our employees with best in class communications and that those colleagues have an open channel throughout the business to have their voice heard and understand with clarity, the direction of the business.
Secondly to shape and manage a single joined up communication plan following company acquisitions, this is critical to smoothly on-board a new companies’ staff, customers and partners into the Advanced family.
The Communications lead works across all levels within the business from the senior management team to the business units and maximises the understanding, adoption and promotion of our core values;
- Be fearless
- Delivering excellence
- Do the right thing
- Execute at pace
- One Advanced
- To manage and deliver world class internal communications campaigns for employees and company acquisitions
- Ensure the delivery of high quality, timely communications across the business
- Drive increased engagement with colleagues across the business
- Promote and champion the Advanced brand values
- To enhance the image and reputation of the business with employees, customers and market segments
- To support the executive team, and take an active role in strategic corporate projects, maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders and customers
- Lead the team by providing clear direction and support, developing ideas and creative ways to communicate and engage with key influencers
- Regularly engage with exec team, Business Unit Managing Director’s and senior managers to be fully aware of key business initiatives, opportunities and activities
- Lead on and maximise internal communications, and safeguard our reputation with robust processes in place, this includes the support of Field teams and business units where social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Glassdoor) impacts our image
- Experience working on Internal Comms programmes.
- Minimum five years marketing experience including solid in house or agency communications experience - ideally in the technology sector, and including excellent copyrighting and communication skills
- Strong quality focussed, team leader who has experience of designing and executing successful communication campaigns
- Previous Merger and Acquisition comms experience would be a distinct advantage
- Comfortable interacting with clients, exec team and internal staff alike.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Charismatic and energetic personality with the ability to offer flexible and resourceful solutions to problems and create cohesive teams both internally and externally with vendors and all parts of the organisation
- The ability to work across all levels in Advanced to collate and draw out technical facts/information and distil down into hard hitting content
- Strong persuasive and communication skills
- Good decision maker with excellent organisational awareness
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £250m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!