Cvent | Technology | Draper, UT
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company of almost 4000 employees that provides industry-leading software to event professionals around the world. Our suite of services – online event registration, venue selection, mobile apps, email marketing, web surveys, and targeted hotel advertising opportunities – have positioned us a major player in the estimated $565 billion global meetings and events industry.
Working at Cvent
- Award-winning company culture
- Facetime with the CEO
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our rapidly growing technology team. The prerequisites for joining our development team are simple. We care more about your attitude and aptitude than the specific tools and technologies you have used in the past. You need to have a strong passion for software development and must take pride in your coding. You should also have great analytical skills and ability to handle complex, modular software development in a collaborative team-based environment.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work on Internet scale applications, where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals.
- Create innovative mobile applications on a wide range of platforms including iOS, Android and others.
- Contribute to our core Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Event-Driven Architecture (EDA) in real-life applications.
- Gain experience with different database technologies, ranging from traditional relational to the latest NoSQL products.
- Work in a collaborative, team-based environment in an iterative Agile or Kanban
What You Need for this Position
- Knowledge of any of the following database technologies is desired but not required: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Redis or other NoSQL technologies
- Ability and willingness to work alongside Senior Engineers, Architects, and Managers to further your professional development
- Most importantly, a successful candidate will be passionate about technology. Keeping up with the latest advancements in the industry; spending time creating, building, and exploring with technical projects; an inquisitive attitude regarding the workings of hardware and software; and overall, simply having fun and finding enjoyment in the field
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other technology related field
- 1+ years of experience in with Java Development in an Object-Oriented environment
- Experience with J2EE (JSP, Servlet, EJB, JDBC, SQL)
- GPA of 3.0 or Higher
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace