Associate, EAB Research
EAB | Research | Washington, DC
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,500 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief
Research Associate, EAB Research
EAB Research is the firm’s best practice research department, with membership programs serving Chief Academic Officers, Chief Business Officers, Student Affairs Executives and Community College Presidents at institutions in the United States, Canada and the U.K. Our research focuses on the university’s most pressing quality and productivity issues, performing rigorous root cause analysis and conducting hundreds of interviews with thought leaders to identify effective best practices that are shared with the membership through a series of national roundtable meetings, on-site workshops, webinars and publications.
This role is based in Washington D.C.
Research Associates conduct primary and secondary research to compose analytical and strategic briefs for executives in higher education. Research projects are commissioned by individual members in search of best practices across a number of terrains within the higher education space. Research Associates craft customized, timely reports informed by extensive literature searches and in-depth interviews with industry experts and leading executives. Current projects include topics such as Elevating Student Engagement within Residence Life; Best Practices in Multicultural Affairs Services and Programming; Indicators for Defining University Impact on State Economic Development; and Making the Global Local: Strategies for Internationalizing a Domestic Campus.
- Bachelors Degree
- Excellent academic record
- Minimum of 3 months of work or internship experience
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Writing in depth reports in a professional setting
- Managing multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Analyzing business issues
- Demonstrated interest in higher education, as shown through coursework or professional experience
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives, in both oral and written formats
- Experience with solution-focused problem solving
- Experience meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
- Proven ability to take initiative on projects
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.