Associate Director, Digital Experience
EAB | Commercial | Washington, DC
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,500 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Associate Director, Digital Experience
We’re looking for a seasoned, creative, and results-driven digital content expert who will be charged with driving innovation and maintaining excellence across eab.com. This individual will be responsible for working with a cross-functional team to create an indispensable digital platform that will accelerate lead generation and provide an unparalleled member experience.
The ideal candidate will have an exceptional web editorial background coupled with strong project management skills. This digital storyteller will also possess a strong technical and visual knowledge of the web, including an understanding of web technologies, content management, user experience design, and web analytics.
- Drive a distinctive, brand-aligned experience across eab.com
- Maintain editorial oversight to ensure web content is consistent with brand and style guidelines and is optimized for the user experience.
- Exercise quality control for site content elements, including copy, image assets, interactive elements, and more.
- Continually develop and refine web governance structures, including style guides and processes, based on established best practices.
- Guide the evolution of the site and related content priorities to ensure alignment with the firm’s strategic goals, including increasing site relevance across multiple audiences (current members, prospects, influencers), encouraging habitual content consumption for users, and extending EAB’s value within institutions that have a diverse range of content needs and preferences.
- Lead the creation and development of EAB’s Innovation Hub
- Head up EAB’s Innovation Hub, a cross-disciplinary team charged with generating disruptive content and creating enticing campaigns that engage our members and prospects in new ways across eab.com. Following a test-and-learn approach, the Innovation Hub will scale by generating more content as well as influencing traditional content creation workflows across our organization.
- Work with key stakeholders across the firm to develop a content strategy that will influence and direct the content types and templates developed by the Hub.
- Bring together strong leadership skills, a passion for project management, and writing expertise to lead the team through digital content creation cycles that result in exceptional immersive content, through a rigorous process of planning, ideating, creating, editing, assessing, distributing, and optimizing.
- Draw on previous expertise and experience creating digital content that presents information in a visual and interactive manner – demonstrated comfort across multiple content types including but not limited to videos, interactive charts and graphs, data visualization, timelines, animated illustrations, motion graphics, infographics, and benchmarking diagnostics/quizzes.
- Direct meaningful and measurable goal-setting for new initiatives with an eye toward reach, engagement, shareability, and conversion.
- Establish EAB as a forward-thinking, cutting-edge content creator.
- Monitor site performance
- Work hand-in-hand with digital marketing team colleagues to optimize page performance, especially as it pertains to Innovation Hub content.
- Demonstrate the ability to balance creative web storytelling and data visualization techniques with the need to create content optimized for search.
- Build out and share compelling, data-driven reporting that demonstrates the value of new content initiatives and showcases testing insights for internal stakeholders.
- Engage in effective stakeholder and project management
- Possess excellent inter- and intra-team communication skills and the ability to partner and collaborate seamlessly across a highly matrixed organization to drive change and continued innovation for new content initiatives.
- Have a passionate understanding of all aspects of the digital experience – including web writing, design, user experience, and marketing – and be able to translate these concepts for non-technical colleagues to build consensus and buy-in around new initiatives.
- Efficiently manage web projects and project schedules with ease, ensuring careful attention to detail while also keeping the big picture in mind.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or another related field
- 6-8 years of experience leading creative execution of editorial content for a brand or digital media property and managing content for large-scale websites, including feature definition, editorial and social amplification
- Proven success owning an editorial operation from end to end, and mastery of adopting and defining a brand's engaging editorial voice
- Knowledge of and expertise in HTML and content management systems (WordPress strongly preferred) and web publishing procedures
- Expertise in Google Analytics and SEO best practices, in addition to other relevant digital skills
- Strong attention to detail, including editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage several simultaneous projects across multiple business groups in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in an educational organization and deep knowledge of this industry’s audience needs
- Comfort working in Chicago Style
- Working knowledge of CSS, XML, other web/programming languages
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.