Security Operations Manager
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | Slough, England
Advanced Security and Compliance
Security Operations Manager (SOC Manger)
Advanced is the UK’s third largest provider of business software and services with a £254m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,500 employees. We provide enterprise and market-focused solutions that allow our customers to re-imagine what is possible, innovate in their sectors and improve the lives of millions of people in the UK.
Advanced solutions help to care for 65 million patients in the UK, send 10 million sports fans through the turnstiles, manage over £1 billion in charity donations, support 2.5 million students and get over 1.2 billion passengers to their destinations on time.
We support both Public and Private Organisations in Healthcare, Business, Education, Sports, Finance, Transport and Legal, covering everything from local Government and Charities through to Critical National Infrastructure and Large organisations.
Information Security is a key requirement of any business and even more so for Advanced. To do this we need to challenge the status quo, collaborate, standardise and automate in order to build and improve relationships with our current and future clients.
The Security Operations team are responsible for the delivery of Operational Security across the business enabling services to our customers. You will be part of a wider team covering all aspects of Information Security and reporting into the Director of Security and Compliance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This is a key leadership role with a strong focus on people, process and tooling; your remit will cover all aspects of Security Operations.
- Leadership – Lead and manage a team of Security Analysts.
- Customers – Engage and support Customers (both internal and external) though Security events and Incidents.
- Develop – Mentor and develop your Security Analysts to deliver their best.
- Partners – Manage the variety of partners that support us in our mission to deliver a world leading security service.
- Analyse – Provide leadership and management over the analysis of multiple data sources to extract the relevant information in order to detect and defeat threats to our systems.
- Manage – The Security Operations Centre (SOC) technologies and associated Security Analysts require expert management.
- Advise – On remediating actions to improve security postures on IT systems
- Improve - Continually improve services and skills.
- Influence – The ability to calmly and rationally influence customers and supporting team colleagues on the best actions to take to deliver secure IT system.
We are not looking to employ someone to run the team, we are looking for someone to lead us into a position where we are two steps ahead.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree or Professional Industry experience – Essential
- Professional Information Security qualifications (Including GIAC, CISSP, other technical skills) – Essential
- A broad knowledge of underpinning IT systems and networking including operating systems, TCP/IP switching and routing, firewalls, databases, cloud infrastructure.
- Experience managing security incidents under a pressured environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence colleges.
- A good all-round knowledge of IT systems, platforms and software development techniques.