Omnitracs | Accounting | Dallas, TX
The Senior Accountant prepares monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations to facilitate the monthly accounting close; review of monthly journal entries prepared by Associate Accountants; records quarter-end and year-end closing journal entries; research monthly variances of balance sheet accounts and explain variances between actual and forecasted balances; prepare ad-hoc analysis around account balance differences along with proposed solution to resolve; supports inter-company transactions and reconciliations; and ensures accuracy and compliance of financial statement schedules in accordance with GAAP and internal policies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Review, analyze and prepare monthly journal entries for month end close related to general corporate accounting processes
- Analyze large datasets and prepare accruals for various balance sheet accounts
- Support inter-company transactions and reconciliations
- Analyze balance sheet account variances and provide explanations for variances between actual and forecasted balances for income statement accounts
- Prepare detailed balance sheet account reconciliations, obtain corresponding support to verify accuracy of the financial numbers and resolve reconciling items timely
- Assist in identifying potential process improvements, documenting new policies and procedures, and contributing to sound internal control development
- Coordinate across cross-functional departments within the company to aide in analysis, research, and adherence to GAAP accounting standards and internal policies
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Assist Accounting Manager and Assistant Controller in ad hoc analysis and other projects, including purchase price accounting for acquisitions
- Works with the external auditors and prepare year-end financial reporting schedules in conjunction with the annual financial statement audit
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Preferred but not required Master’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience and strong accounting skills.
- Big 4 experience preferred, but not required. Some or all years can be industry experience.
- Preferred but not required experience with large fully-integrated ERP systems, such as Oracle.
- Licensed U.S. CPA is preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of general accounting functions, practices and GAAP principles
- Working knowledge of accounting software principles
- Computer literate with proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, vlookup function, and other intermediate functions)
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly, retain and apply knowledge
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, good judgment and logical decision making ability with a hands-on approach to assigned tasks
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.