Director of Sales (Midwest)
Omnitracs | CT - Sales Operations | Chicago, IL
The Director of Sales will provide leadership and guidance to a team of sales professionals in regional markets in the U.S. and will be responsible for achieving established sales team goals. The Director of Sales will be responsible for the entire life cycle of the sales process including: pipeline management and development, product presentations and demonstrations, proposal development and submission, negotiations and contracting.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead and mentor a team of sales professionals in identifying, qualifying, developing and closing new opportunities for software products and services.
- Oversee team’s sales activity and ensures a full pipeline of activity is consistently maintained for the region.
- Develop and execute a business plan and sales strategy for the sales team that ensures tactical penetration and attainment of sales quotas for new business.
- Manage tight, organized sales processes with quality forecasting and operational performance.
- Develop compelling value propositions based on ROI cost/benefit analysis.
- Coordinate and qualify “Proof of Concept” studies for prospects through the Solutions Engineering Team.
- Execute against the major milestones of the sales process.
- Serve as a main point of contact for the escalation of customer service issues and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty with customers.
- Manage account and contact information through the entire sales lifecycle process using Salesforce.com; ensure that the sales team maintains detailed account profiles and prepares sales and activity reports as required.
- Remains highly knowledgeable of company’s products and target industries to facilitate sales efforts.
- Promote, market, speak, and highlight company’s success in the market through market experience.
- Interact with cross-functional business leadership teams including Finance, Contracts, Product Management, Customer Service, and Engineering.
- 50% travel required
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Business with a concentration on finance, marketing, sales management or supply chain management preferred
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 10 years experience selling Total Value of Ownership at the C-level or to business owners, including a minimum of 5 years experience managing a field sales team selling enterprise level solutions
- Knowledge of the business software applications industry and/or business-to-business background.
- Understanding of supply chain management, logistics, transportation or wholesale distribution industries.
- Proven sales leadership, drive, determination and a verifiable track record of increasing sales, revenue and profitability within a sales organization.
- Strong leadership skills with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven track record in hiring, training, setting and tracking goals, and making a sales team independently productive.
- Excellent consultative and competitive sales skills that leverage both strong process and relationship-driven techniques.
- Experience and success selling implementation consulting services.
- Track record and success in selling high value, long lead time enterprise solutions software or high value services.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quota.
- Outstanding presentation, facilitation, communication and negotiation skills.
- Outstanding customer-focused account management skills.
- Mature sales execution capabilities and experience.
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.