Employee Relations Manager
Advanced | Administration - HR | Slough, England
Employee Relations Manager
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole industry and delivering right, first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to users’ lives. Our vision is to continue to make a difference; positively impacting the lives of millions of people as the foremost provider of market focussed software solutions that make the complex simple. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
As an Employee Relations Manager, you will lead our Advisory team to guide business employees on anything from employment law to people issues. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a strong commercial understanding of the practical application of HR and is looking for their first management position.
Located in Ditton Park, set within 220 acres of landscape private parkland, you will have access to unparalleled site amenities including gym, tennis courts, sport pitches, canteen, coffee shop and free parking.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for the oversight and management of ER investigations across the whole business
- Develop strategies/initiatives to promote health and wellbeing amongst employees with a strong ownership of mental health awareness
- Manage end to end case management, allocating different cases amongst your team and looking at ways to further improve best practise
- To provide a professional, comprehensive and efficient HR service to ensure the continuous quality and development of staff
- Lead and consult with senior members of the HR team on the development and ownership of HR policies and procedures
- Attend investigatory/disciplinary meetings
- Delivering best practice advice for all employee related issues such as redundancy, disciplinary, capability, grievance, absenteeism, TUPE, dismissal procedures and consultations regarding changing terms and conditions of employment
- Provide advice, support and guidance on the interpretation of employment legislation and HR practice
What you will be good at
- Strong communication skills, and a natural comfort in engaging with people over the telephone and in face-to-face environments
- Strong presentation skills – comfortable to speak in front of a large number of people
- Well organised, with the ability to work proactively individually as well as part of a team, in a busy environment
- Solid experience across managing attendance, discipline, grievance & performance cases
What we would like you to have
- Minimum of 3 years Advisory experience
- CIPD qualification preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to forge strong working relationships
- The ability to work to strict deadlines, work well under pressure and communicate with all staff including the Senior Management team
- Confident, well organised, with an ability to prioritise workload
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £250m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance - 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch.