Corporate Development & Strategy Associate
PowerSchool | Corporate Development | Folsom, CA
The Corporate Development & Strategy Associate will provide support to PowerSchool’s Corporate Development, Partnership, and Strategy efforts. This role will work with the Corporate Development team to evaluate and execute on strategic investments and partnerships across the business. This individual will work cross-functionally within PowerSchool to identify M&A needs, perform diligence on acquisition and partnership targets, drive analysis to support investment and partnership theses, and provide general decision support to PowerSchool’s Corporate Development and Executive Leadership Teams.
The ideal candidate is someone who will assist with all analysis, modeling, tracking, coordinating, facilitating within M&A activities and transactions. You will have the ability to impact and influence the overall growth of the company through these efforts. Our plans are to double in size within the next 3-5 years and we understand that this growth will come through Acquisition.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establish ownership, provide leadership and direction to PowerSchool’s M&A efforts
- Responsible for financial modeling of M&A and partnership transactions
- Developing business cases for partnership agreements
- Work cross-functionally and with PowerSchool’s Private Equity sponsors to develop driving assumptions for M&A operating models
- Support of active M&A transactions, including but not limited to data room management, coordination of diligence calls with internal and external parties, and development of presentation materials for investment committees
- Developing and maintaining a tracking system for all of PowerSchool’s M&A activity
- Regular reporting and dashboarding on M&A efforts and effectiveness
- Driving internal collaboration and analyses to identify and prioritize acquisition targets and adjacencies
- Developing ad-hoc analyses to provide decision support to Executive and Corporate Development Leadership
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of experience in Corporate Development, Private Equity, and/or Investment Banking
- Experience in creating, adjusting, and maintaining M&A financial models
- Excellent technical skills with expert-level aptitude in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Immaculate attention to detail
- Ability to summarize and draw business insights from raw data
- Strong communications skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal) required
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly assess a situation and react with proposed solutions based on analysis of all factors
- Strong project management skills are a must
- K-12 domain experience a plus, but not required