Sr. Technical Support Engineer
Ping Identity | Tier II Support (3102) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
This individual is responsible for the second level of support for Ping Identity’s customers using any of our products including PingFederate, Ping Access, PingOne, PingID, and any of our integration kits.
Engineers respond to customer inquiries, triage issues when needed, identify scope and gather information to ensure cases are properly documented in our ITSM tool. Our Senior Technical Support Engineering team is responsible for researching functionality and usability related issues; working with our customers’ IT personnel to understand the nature of the issue and communicate steps to resolve. Engineers consult with and/or escalate to our product development team when needed.
Other responsibilities of the role include conducting right to service check and answering basic questions on common issues. Our Engineers contribute to both our Knowledge Base as well as our online community. Engineers must maintain their support test environment to quickly replicate customer issues and have a strong desire for continuous learning.
Senior Technical Support Engineers are responsible to knowledge share and ensure our frontline Engineers are well supported.
Team members must be able to work a flexible schedule supporting our global customer base and participate in an on-call rotation.
- Passion for customer service.
- High level of initiative
- Desire to learn new and exciting technology
- World class interpersonal verbal & written communication skills.
- Logical troubleshooting ability and analytical skill.
- Experience collaborating and supporting others
- BS computer science or equivalent degree with 3 years experience in role or min 4 years related experience with enterprise-level software systems in a client-facing role.
- Demonstrated track record of success in academic, internship or work history as well as a high level of ownership and accountability.
- SaaS applications integration and/or support (Salesforce, Google, etc)
- Web-based application consulting and/or support for (MS IIS, Apache) and modern web browsers, such as MS Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
Experience supporting the following in an Enterprise level client facing role:
- Web server and application server integration and/or troubleshooting eg., J2EE application servers such as Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere and WebLogic, IIS or Apache
- Network troubleshooting eg., TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls
- Strong working knowledge of Single Sign On
- Linux-based and Windows servers, Active Directory, LDAP-based directories,
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), X.509 certificates, SSL/TLS.
- Database systems such as Oracle, MS SQL, and MySQL
- Identity & Access Management and/or Federation experience with CA SiteMinder/IdentityMinder, IBM Tivoli Access Manager, Oracle Access Manager. SAML
- User Provisioning (SCIM)