Senior Events Marketing Specialist
Aptean | Marketing | Alpharetta, GA
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today’s fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don’t have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds – with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That is why over 2,500 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 54 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
Senior Marketing Specialist is responsible for project management (planning, promotion, execution, branding and material development and reporting) of major Aptean customer events/user groups, Aptean’s attendance/sponsorship of third-party events and tradeshows, webinars and major internal company events. This position will work closely with other marketing team members, executives, product teams and sales to understand the goals/objectives of our event programs. Candidates will have a successful track record of developing and executing event programs, as well as a deep understanding of the synergetic relationship between Marketing, Sales, and Product Management.
The Marketing Specialist will also work closely with the Senior Director, Global Marketing and Aptean Finance to ensure that marketing program expenses are effectively tracked/monitored on and on-going basis and administration for any accruals/reconciliations are conducted in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively maintains accurate tracking of budgets. Initiates discussions, providing advance notice if it is anticipated the budget may go over. Is able to clearly demonstrate the ROI is in line with agreed to targets.
- Serves as a coach, mentor for more junior team members, sharing experience and best practices. Recommends and develops training sessions for knowledge sharing within the team.
- Due to their knowledge and core values alignment, is recognized as the go-to person for escalations. Brings resolution in a timely manner on their own or knows who to engage and when.
- Takes the lead on various projects/programs, developing and actioning a detailed project plan. Actively manages vendors and other marketing resources by providing clear direction, feedback and actively following up on progress. Deliverables are delivered on time, meeting quality expectations and within budget. Is able to have a difficult conversation if required and preserve the relationship. Proactively keeps stakeholders updated on the status and if the project/program/launch slips, develops a mitigation or contingency plan. Identifies a roll out strategy and measures uptake post implementation (if applicable).
- Generates and actively participates in the co-ordination of new idea reviews and recommendations, concept and design development. Willingly shares feedback. Is not afraid to push back but does so in a professional manner. Is open to feedback on their ideas, taking it professionally, not personally.
- Proactively stays current with marketing trends, best practices and emerging technologies. Seeks out ways to introduce those innovations to optimize the value-added services provided by the marketing team.
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 4 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 2 years' experience; or equivalent experience. Typical range is 4-7 years.
- Strong experience working with event marketing principles and execution.
Skills and Abilities
- Creative thinker and understanding of positioning the right message to the right audience.
- Strong understanding of marketing operations, automation and measuring ROI.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with senior management and peers across multiple organizations, geographic regions and/or cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to marketers and other stakeholders.
- Keen understanding of marketing objectives and strategies within a B2B environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
Strong desire to undertake ongoing professional study and training.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.