Associate Technical Analyst
CentralSquare Technologies | Customer Support | Decorah, IA
Join Centralsquare a place where citizens interact with their government, whether it be at city hall, police or fire station, or a hospital. “To square” is designed to communicate taking communities to the next level, and the four corners of a square refer to the four businesses that came together to form CentralSquare. Our company emphasizes putting citizens at the center of everything we offer. We partner with more than 7,500 public sector agencies across North America, bringing together two primary drivers for improving people’s lives—technology and government. Leverage your top-shelf support skills and collaborate with a remarkably talented group of professionals. If you would like to work on interesting projects in a fantastic company within a wonderful community, we may be a fit for you! This position is primarily responsible for responding and assisting our customers request for assistance and guidance with our software products and services using technical troubleshooting skills. It is important that the highest level of client satisfaction is achieved through prompt and complete resolution of customer issues and accurate and timely assistance is delivered. Responsible for maintaining a competitive edge by knowing CentralSquare software, industry rules, regulations and competitors. As a representative of the company to our customers, it is always expected to portray a positive and professional image of the company. Some travel is required for this position.
• Receives, researches and answers customer inquiries and requests regarding accounts, products, and services offered by the company.
• Remains thoroughly knowledgeable regarding company product and service offerings.
• Works with customers to offer alternatives to seemingly unresolvable problems.
• Receives and answers inquiries from departments regarding customer service issues.
• Works with peers, superiors and subordinates as well as other departments to ensure that customer issues, inquiries and requests are appropriately responded to and/or resolved.
• Follows-up on customer inquiries and researches the problem(s) to assure that there is a satisfactory closure.
• Ensures accurate customer and call information is entered the CRM (Customer Relations Management) software.
• Documents accurate records of the customer problem and resolution into the CRM software.
• Monitors, evaluates and presents solutions to potential problem areas.
• Identifies needs and makes recommendations regarding revisions to current customer support policies and procedures.
• Remains current on company and department changes in policies and procedures.
• Assures compliance with existing department and company policies, procedures and practices.
• Identifies and presents training needs to supervisor.
• Participates in inter and intra department meetings in order to maintain open channels of communications between individuals and departments.
• Participates in the 24/7 pager support. Attends educational seminars as required.
• Able to continually pass background check requirements for working on and connecting to public safety information systems.
An Associate degree in a related field or 0-3 years of experience in PC help desk environment or technical environment.
Must have extensive knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures of windows-based computer software and hardware.
Experience in the public safety industry/EMS is helpful, but not required.
First-rate interpersonal skills, positive client service skills, problem-solving skills and writing skills necessary.
Be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a team
Must be able to demonstrate, on a continuing basis, excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Must possess demonstrated analytical and organizational skills.
Must possess demonstrated telephone etiquette.