PowerSchool | Marketing | Folsom, CA
The Content Marketing Associate be responsible for developing and writing content marketing initiatives across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior. This role thinks like a publisher, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and existing business.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Writes and develops content to support the PowerSchool brand ensuring that it is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video and in-person
- Develops original content for all marketing campaigns including email campaigns, brochures, blog posts, social media posts, websites, newsletters, press releases, case studies, print ads, posters, conferences/trade show materials, e-books, whitepapers, infographics, interactive content, flyers and other marketing materials.
- Collaborates with product, service, sales, marketing teams and external clients to understand the market, personas, and competitive product benefits to craft messaging that is targeted and compelling.
- Assists in mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives
- Supports the development of a functional content calendar for the business relative to each persona group.
- Acts as an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing and style.
- Conducts ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness.
- Assists in the maintenance of content inventories and matrices
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience writing for print, email, web, and other marketing communications in content marketing, advertising, public relations or related fields
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective communication and presentation to stakeholders, including management, marketing, creative, production, external clients and outside vendors
- Ability to consistently produce accurate, detailed, and on-time delivered materials
- Familiarity with numerous writing styles (APA, AP) for U.S. markets
- Understanding of SEO and content for mobile best practices
- Excellent organizational, project management skills and the ability to work under pressure with tight timelines.
- Ability to foster positive working relationships with team members and other company stakeholders
- Ability to and availability to work hours required and extra as needed in order to get the job done and reach goals
- Strong knowledge of Google Apps, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)