PowerSchool | Sales | Folsom, CA
PowerUp your classroom learning by participating in the PowerSchool working student internship program. We are looking for individuals majoring in or focused on English, Education, Liberal Studies, Communications, Computer Science or similar topics, who are interested in working part time at PowerSchool in conjunction with attending class and finishing your degree. We are offering the opportunity to work side-by-side with our world class Bids and Proposals team and gain invaluable corporate experience. When you graduate, you will be ready to launch into your career. This position will work with all levels of the organization, however requires substantial interaction with managers and your team.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Process all tasks accurately and efficiently
- Demonstrate ability to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Clearly and concisely communicate via phone, e-mail, and live remote chat
- Navigates a shared server to access existing team files
- Work with our sales team to professionally represent the company in Request For Proposal (RFP) responses
- Assist with the project understanding and processing for RFPs
- Help to create, update, organize, maintain and publish additional materials, both internal and customer facing.
- Create and deliver business metrics to management as requested.
- Exhibit continued growth in knowledge and skills
- Track progress and time utilization
- Any other reasonable short-term projects that may be assigned by Bids and Proposal management to ensure improved
- product delivery, resource enhancements and revenue recognition.
- All other responsibilities assigned by management
• Education and/or Experience
o High School Diploma or GED required
o Working towards Degree for related field (Business, Education, English, Liberal Studies, Communications, or other related fields) preferred
· Familiarity with file creation, naming, and structure conventions
· Proficient with Office 365 (Word/Excel/PowerPoint), SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat DC, and other technical collaborative environments
Skills and Abilities
· Detail oriented; demonstrates a high level of attention to detail
· Command of English grammar and usage
· Strong writing skills
· Strong interpersonal skills – successful candidates will communicate effectively, possess strong writing skills, etc.
· Highly organized, excellent problem solver, strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Cursory understanding of financial metrics such as utilization, revenue, margin
· Eagerness to learn; willingness to provide frequent progress updates
· Ability to function as a team player, learning from team members and following team standards
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and positive work relationships