Product Data Reporting Analyst (Temporary)
Kazoo | Product Development | Austin, TX
Overview of the role:
We're looking for an experienced data/reporting analyst with a passion for collaboration, problem-solving, and data modeling and visualization to join our new insights team. In this role, you will be responsible for custom ad-hoc reporting in addition to assisting in the design, build-out, and deployment of reporting dashboards and visualizations within our analytics platform.
This is a temporary 3-6 month position.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with other team members to design, build, and deploy our customer-facing reporting dashboards and visualizations.
- Build ad-hoc reports as needed for the customer as well as internal stakeholders.
- Work with Product Management and the business to define requirements and specifications for business reporting.
- Influence our product's direction with your ideas and expertise.
- Aid in the creation of data models and warehouses for reporting purposes.
- Support our customers by understanding their reporting needs and improving our platform to meet them.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Management, Business Administration, or other related discipline required and/or 3+ years of equivalent experience to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
- A strong desire to innovate, experiment, collaborate and learn.
- High standards for quality and attention to detail.
- Must thoroughly understand relational databases and how to work with them, including strong SQL skills.
- Experience with querying and working with non-relational data stores such as Mongo is a plus.
- Familiarity with BI Analysis and visualization tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio, GoodData or Jaspersoft or similar tools.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with data management principles and practices, including metadata management and data access technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.