Director Product Management - ERP/Financials
CentralSquare Technologies | Product Management | Lake Mary, FL
The Director of Product Management will identify new and expanded market opportunities in the Public Sector space, show ownership of requirements definition and design of products / solutions that meet demonstrated market needs, project management of creation and delivery of products / solutions, coordinating with development, quality assurance, business leaders and other stakeholders; and drive a product roadmap that sets CentralSquare up for success in the market.
The individual filling this role must have a passion for technology and designing innovative new products and solutions, and a love for hands-on Agile-style project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding what great product looks like, create a product roadmap to support our business strategy, leverage strong process and project management abilities to envision and manage product lifecycle from idea inception, support go-to-market plans, and lead with a customer first mindset.
- Become an expert within CentralSquare on the Public Sector market segment, current and future. Provide SaaS thought leadership and direction as new SaaS applications are created and for the re-engineering of existing capabilities.
- Develop the requirements for highly differentiated Public Sector solutions, products, and / or services, including strategy definition, requirements analysis, and delineation of the market opportunity.
- Provide timely and effective reports of product performance – specifically for development and product release plans.
- Collaborate with team to get feedback from the field on new feature requirements and enhancements - in efforts to drive product utilization.
- Conduct market research, monitor competitive activity, and identify customer targets and their needs; apply learnings to current products and in ideation sessions for the development of new products or solutions.
- Participate in sales, business development, and existing customer calls as or meetings as appropriate to hear and understand first-hand the needs and requirements of prospects and customers.
- Ensure product development processes adhere to Agile (or similar) principles and align with company resource planning and allocation efforts.
- Articulate new product features and benefits to internal groups, including marketing and sales.
- Stewardship of Products from Concept to Launch
- Manage the P&L of the product line and demonstrated success in expanding into adjacencies.
- Lead a team of product management and engineering professionals in the development of both strategic and tactical deliverables, and manage the team, a budget, and associated resources toward those ends.
- Assist in the assignment and management of a large cross-functional team to deliver product development results, leading through influence and by example.
- Passion for and ability to understand customer needs and deliver great solutions. A track-record for building software that is both efficient and effective with exceptional user experience.
- Excellent strategic thinking and prioritization skills. Ability to create a winning roadmap to achieve business goals while making difficult trade-off decisions
- Demonstrable organizational and project management skills are required.
- Must be able to know how to do research, mine data and apply strategic thinking to executive-level pitches and presentations.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communications and presentation skills required.
- Facility with basic business software, including the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps, is required. Facility with project management applications such as Jira, BaseCamp or MS Project is also required.
- Experience with defining, designing, implementing, and managing various product management and development methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of PM skills, processes, best practices and ability to teach others.
Education and/or Experience
- 8+ years of software Product Management experience is desired.
- 8+ years of experience in managing, coaching, and leading senior level and mid-level staff including multi-functional teams.
- Master’s in Business or Computer Science preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in community development, citizen engagement and work/asset management
- Experience with Pragmatic Marketing Framework
- Hands on design experience with enterprise B2B applications for both technical and business users
- Experience defining technical product features; from inception to execution
- Demonstrated experience developing Software products.
- SaaS experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated visionary leader. Ability to develop and cultivate a dynamic, progressive, and technologically advanced organization.