Director, Information Security
PowerSchool | R&D | Folsom, CA
PowerSchool is looking for a Director of Information Security to be a key driver in our information security team. This position reports to our Chief Information Security Officer, and is responsible for information security strategy and execution of our core security program. This individual leads cross-group efforts to drive key initiatives across for PowerSchool products and functions, and acts as a key advisor and gatekeeper in all phases of software development life cycle and work.
- Review, direct, and approve the planning and design of security policies, processes, and systems
- Implement and communicate all security policies, training, and procedures to personnel
- Serve as the champion of best practices and subject matter expert to the company
- Provide guidance and solutions to protect data and internal functions
- Investigate and consult global security controls
- Work with product teams covering all aspects of learning delivery, school administration and parent engagement, across a broad range of technologies as well as PowerSchool’s internal functions.
- Expert level knowledge in common web application vulnerabilities and malware techniques
- Comprehensive security background covering encryption technologies, network architectures, communications security, authentication methodologies
- Implementing vulnerability assessments on client and server-side software components.
- Experience with security certifications and audits (ISO 27001, ISO 27018, SOC-1, SOC-2, FIPS-140-2, etc.)
- Experience with HIPPA, FERPA, GDPR, CCPA, and similar privacy regulations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Results oriented and adaptable
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- CISSP, CISM or equivalent preferred