Senior Professional Services Consultant
Aptean | Business Operations | Toronto, Ontario
Provide application consulting and support to Aptean customers. Participate as a member of the implementation team to deploy new projects, and/or provide on-going support to their existing installation. Consult with customers in the configuration and usage of application modules; research and resolves problems and issues. Manage customer expectations and foster positive business relationships with all customers. Coach and Mentor Consultants in their development in areas of Product Knowledge, and Consulting Skills.
Requires interface with customers and other team members. May involve travel to customer sites.
Knowledge: Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Contributes as both an individual and an informal supervisor on assigned projects.
Complexity: Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
Supervision: Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Serves as a mentor to others. Supervises others when leading projects they own.
- Consulting Services
- Provide consulting services to customers based on Aptean’s service delivery methodology and procedures; services engagements may include implementation consulting, upgrade consulting, training, testing, and/or process improvement consulting.
- Effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively with project manager and direct project team to deliver projects on time, on budget, on schedule.
- Submit time and expenses punctually each week.
- Maintain a professional appearance when onsite with customers.
- May be required to design solutions and prepare design specifications.
- Work with customers and Account Management team to uncover opportunities for additional products and services.
- May be required to estimate activities for future work.
2. Incident Resolution
- Provide expert solutions to complex customer problems in a timely manner by receiving, clarifying and investigating incidents.
- Observe trends and recommend improvements to product design, documentation or implementation and create necessary enhancement requests.
- Work with R&D and product line team to expedite incident resolution and ensure seamless service delivery to customers.
- Determine when issues need to be escalated.
- Set severity levels with customers.
- Act as application expert for escalations.
- Vet escalations for consistent application of escalation policy.
- Recommend escalations for approval by Management.
- Recommends to Development patch and utility programs that are needed.
3. Incident Resolution (May involve the execution of the items below or the supervision of a team member in the completion of these duties)
- Take ownership of and follow-through with all priority customer incidents.
- Offer complete and timely explanations to customers throughout the incident resolution process and ensure that customers’ staff fully understand issue, its resolutions and means for prevention.
- Clearly and concisely document all customer interaction and all steps taken to resolve incidents.
4. Knowledge Management
- Expand expertise within the product.
- Attend training sessions offered and use self-study tools; assist with peer training as needed.
- Contribute to a customer focused environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross training and an absolute focus on resolving customer incidents as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Create KB articles and documents using the Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) methodology, to be published and shared both internally and with the customer base.
- Ensure that all internal and external customer interactions are handled professionally and with the highest level of service, follow-through and consistently keep commitments.
- Ensure a professional communication manner when in-person or on the phone at all times.
6. Mentoring & Training
- Act as a coach and mentor for more junior personnel.
- Recommend and develop training sessions for knowledge sharing within the team.
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration
- Identify where the team members may require additional education and training to effectively participate on the team
- Provide guidance to the team based on management direction
- Establish and execute on structured mentorship programs for new hires, achieving new hire ramp-up productivity targets.
7. Additional Duties
- Participates in system and release testing and QA as needed.
- Recommend improvements in Professional Services policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Work Experience (Indicate the approximate years of relevant work experience necessary for this position)
Depending on focus of role, experience can range from 6-9 years. Experience working with multiple stakeholders in problem-solving environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possesses working knowledge of the Aptean application and demonstrates proficiency in key areas of the application.
- Understands the industry and business environment served by the application.
- 5+ years of ERP implementation experience (Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred) for two or more of the following business processes:
- Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
- Cash Management
- Month-end Closing
- Warehouse Management
- Inventory Management
- Material/Ingredient control
- Quality Management
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Track record in providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to travel to customer sites as required.
- Related business experience in the food industry strongly preferred.
- Achieve utilization targets
- Attend company/department meetings
- Travel to client locations within Canada and the U.S.
- Expected Travel – 30%