VIEW ALL APPLY NOW
IT Infrastructure Technical Manager (Windows/AWS)
DealerSocket | IT Infrastructure - iDMS | Dallas, TX
Skills & Requirements
The IT Infrastructure Technical Manager is responsible for delivering results and building relationships. This position requires technical experience in managing development and production infrastructure of multiple SaaS applications that also require strong organizational and collaboration skills and partnering with numerous distributed teams. This is a hands-on role with the expectation of devoting 50% to completing technical deliverables and 50% managing process improvement, people and team development, contract and vendor relationships, and project deadlines.
- Manage team workflow, intake process, project prioritization and standardization.
- Manage availability and performance of multiple SaaS applications in 24x7x365 environment.
- Oversee technical projects and continually improving infrastructure.
- Manage vendor relationships from contract renewals to negotiations.
- Collaborates with other infrastructure teams, developers, business analysts and other business stakeholders to gather, plan, and implement requirements to meet business and technical objectives, SLAs, availability and capacity requirements including high availability, farms/clusters, disaster recovery, redundant systems and backup.
- Participates in all phases of systems development, deployment and configuration including performance and availability, monitoring & alerting, data integrity, security and capacity planning.
- Performs all tasks in accordance with Agile project management methodologies, adhere to version & release management, scheduling, change control, security and applicable operational policies and procedures.
- Provides escalation for on-call support to resolve and/or escalate production incidents or issues outside normal working hours including support during software deployment/release activities.
- Work closely with team members to plan out career path and goals to get there.
- Provide coaching, mentorship, and feedback for team members.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and knowledge
- 3+ years managing and developing an IT team.
- 5+ years as a Systems Engineer or related experience.
- Demonstrable understanding and skills in deployment, configuration, maintenance and administration of AWS and Windows operating systems and core applications (Active Directory, Microsoft DNS, etc).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, excellent organizational skills, proven ability to prioritize multiple activities and objectives to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in a SaaS web development environment.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Experience with code repositories and branching/versioning concepts.
- Experience working in a SAFe Scrum Agile workflow.
- Strong infrastructure knowledge of virtualization, servers, storage, network, load balancer, firewalls.
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g. C#, .NET, Java, Go, PowerShell, Bash, Python) and AWS configuration files such as JSON and YAML.
- Experience with Microsoft web and database servers, including IIS and MSSQL.